The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello from down under

Guest yiros

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the welcomes guys

Hi Andrew

I notice from the pics you have a JUN exhaust, first time I've seen one, what's it like?

cheers

Hi Nic,

The Jun rear cannon and muffler are awesome. Car sounds sweet at idle and screams nicely above 5,000 rpm. I didn't really notice difference in power as I imported the car from Japan with a 5zigen cannon and HKS muffler.

Andy ... do you not like the settings the active spoiler has ? ... ie comes down when you are going over 80km/hr.

You can put it down when the engine is off too.

Hi Davo,

I have wired it up manually so it goes down and up at any speed. I have also wired in the indicator light so when the spoiler in any position other than fully up, the light comes on (by utilising the limit switch on the motor) i.e. when the fully up limit switch is closed (spoiler isn’t fully up) current flows from the LED through the limit switch to ground.

There is a frequency circuit that you can make for about AU$40 that is adjustable and you can wire it in parallel to the manual control.

Unfortunately while I was taking the active spoiler switch apart (to change the LED from green to red to match the rest of my dash) I broke the Auto/Off button. I managed to glue I together but I know it is cracked. I will put up a post as I know there are a few around. Also, if I use the locking spring, I will be able to make the down button lock into position so I wouldn’t need to hold it in.

I have attached a picture of the car from our recent Hi Performance day at Mallala with the active spoiler down. (My best time was 1:32.5 – in traffic and I managed to beat a modded S15 and pretty stock WRX

Cheers

Andy

randy_ready_2_rumble.JPG