The mkiv Supra Owners Club

First drive of a Supra today

Guest Saxo Boy

no offence but let me guess your time was at york 13.75@103 i've never seen an na s2000 get close to that at pod if it was pod respect, my ctr had 326.6 bhp and wasn't a match for my supra running 0.8 bar, my time was 13.0 @111mph full trim and huge boot build @0.8 bar on stock j spec turbos, never seen a s2000 that has come close to me when running even low boost, thats no offence to you as i love s2000 and my girlfrined was going to get one :)

Guest Saxo Boy

My times were at Crail in Scotland - can't be bothered to drive anywhere else for a 1/4er mile event.

I think we should drop the S2000 vs Supra debate as its largely pointless given the Supra is faster and can be made a LOT faster. My point was simply that a 350bhp example wasn't that much quicker in a straight-line to make want to sell up........but it was quicker.

Christ, just relised what car you have now. For some reason I had the Nissan 200 in my mind :(

Sorry, but I just cant see the S2000 (even modded) being close to a 350 BHP car even with the weight difference. Arnt the 0-60 times on them over 6 seconds?

Sorry nice cars and fantastic engine, but just wondering on your experience.

Guest Saxo Boy

As standard the S2000 has 240bhp and 1265kg with a fairly short 6 speed box. 0-60mph depends on how you launch them because they have limited torque you can't slip the clutch in from 3000rpm as the clutch will spin to buggery. The best method is to dump the clutch at about 6000rpm to instantly break traction and to them moderate the wheel spin so that she is always in vtec (6000rpm and above). Some testers/mags have launched them this way and got mid-low 5s 0-60mph.

They are a very under-rated car (because they are 2.0 n/a) and i got a few confused looks at crail ;) but she was trapping at over 100mph every time and timing under 14s most times which is reasonable enough.

I didn't try a full-bore launch of the Supra as it wasn't my car and I don't believe that's a fair way to treat a fellow enthusiasts car but I can imagine with the torque it would come off the line cleanly and well. IIRC my personal best 60ft time in the S2000 is 2.1 seconds.