The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tt V Mr2

uezzell

hob how does the celica compare to the mr2 turbo?

erm I would say celica>mr2 I don't really know of anybody going to a mr2 after a celica, but a load want to trade them in against the gt4.

I think the celica has a better head fitted to it, the mr2 has problems with cooling and most fit the chargecooler from the gt4, the older mr2's I think were a little bit twitchy, not sure if that was fixed in later models. Can't beat the 4wd grip, but can with transmission losses, bit of swings and roundabouts, depends if you want 4wd or rwd tbh.

I'd take any Turbo MR2 over an NA Supra in any conditions I'm afraid, more power, more torque and lighter, the only downside is the ancient suspension design but they make the most of that.

Ive currently got both, N/A supra and Rev3 MR2 turbo and i feel the exact opposite to you (which is the way i like it).

The supra is such a better car in every way, so what if it's a bit slower?

On topic though, stock TT vs. Stock MR2 turbo on the quarter mile. MR2 would win wouldnt it? Rolling start a different story though?

Ive currently got both, N/A supra and Rev3 MR2 turbo and i feel the exact opposite to you (which is the way i like it).

The supra is such a better car in every way, so what if it's a bit slower?

You are missing the point sir :)

My response is based on the original question and topic at hand:

which is quicker as standard in a straight line and round corners

If the question was "which is better" my answer would probably be the same as yours.

On the 1/4 mile TT vs MR2T thing it depends who is driving, I've seen stock vs stock videos that support both cars as being faster. In reality it's probably very close and at the end of the day who cares, they are different cars with their own good and bad points, they aren't in the marketplace to compete.

A Supra isn't really a 'supercar' is it?

Andy

what is it then just because it was made in japan and not italy.

MR2 you can keep em. been in one, too small.theres too many of em i see three every day on the way to work i can count on my hand how many supras ive seen round here in two years .quicker or not i know which car i want to be in.:tongue:

what is it then just because it was made in japan and not italy.

MR2 you can keep em. been in one, too small.theres too many of em i see three every day on the way to work i can count on my hand how many supras ive seen round here in two years .quicker or not i know which car i want to be in.:tongue:

This is mainly personal opinion(s) because I have seen people state that the Supra is clostraphobic, and round here there are more supras than mr2's, at the end of the day it's personal preference. ;)

Don't get me wrong though, they're fab cars but not a patch on a supra. I would say 0-60 an MR2 would eat my NA but on the way to 120 the supra would catch and pass the MR2 - turbo or not. As for a tt then if you're in the MR2. Don't be expecting to be using your mirrors.

I've owned both a MR2T & a Supra TT- there is no way on this earth a N/A would catch a MR2T, it'd get slaughtered.

I have to say if the owner of my MR2 turned up on my doorstep with the car & £5k I'd give him the Supra in a heartbeat.