The mkiv Supra Owners Club

XS Power and SS Autocrome?

Darren

Heres what I found out before getting their NA-T kit, basicly there used to be problems with the supra manifold and turbos they then dissapeared for a while from ebay and then came back since then they seem to be ok. The guys on the clubna-t have said that the skyline kits seem to be the weakest as well as the 200sx ones. Will let you guys know when mine is all sorted.

i researched these turbo kits to ,found out there the same company, like daston says the guys on clubna-t seem to running these ok ,just ordered my na-t kit ,should be here by friday ,hope to have it fitted in a few weeks,just need the ic pipeing

95 na soon to be na-t

So, why are they so cheap ? What's story with them ? When I compare costs to BL tublar's, HKS's etc ? Which cost $900 from BL.

We're talking about manifolds only here I guess Christian?

They're a different level of quality to kit like the BL, HKS, SP, etc...

They're made in China (i.e low labour cost), welding is generally solid, but far from what you'd call tidy. The inside of the runners is generally a mess but can be cleaned up with a bit of work. They're cheap, but appear to be perfectly capable of doing the job, with a bit of work. I've got a load of close up pictures somewhere, will see if I can find them and post them up. You'll see what I mean.

BTW: I'm not slating them - you get what you pay for and I'm planning on one for my single conversion this winter (Not the bloody turbo though!)

Indeedy Darren. Just curious as for the XS kit you get an IC, turbo & manifold. For the same price you get BL tubular.

Yeah, its incredibly cheap for what you get. I think the manifold and IC make up most of the cost. After flogging the tubbie and IC off the price of the XS power kit you should be left with a manifold, wastegate and dump tube for around £250.

PS: My names Darryl, but I'm used to be called Darren :D

Steve posted a good link from supraforums (i aint got it on this comp) But basically it involved this turbo kit. The experiences were enough to Stir the traders so much that the thread was locked and a new rule regarding posting ebay links on SF was introduced - post and your banned.

Ive used thier manifolds (after cleaning up welds and removing swarf) and thier wastegates (after polishing shaft) and never had any problems, even the rumpurs regarding the Turbo houses splitting on the early stuff (5 years ago) were believed to be started by nervous traders.

Take that kit for the money it is, stick the turbo on th fireplace and buy a gt35r for £800 - and you have an excellent start into the single turbo world.

If you ever want to upgrade its simple. You can remove the 4 bolt waste flange and weld on a vband for the likes of a Tial racing for example.

just my 2p

Steve posted a good link from supraforums (i aint got it on this comp) But basically it involved this turbo kit. The experiences were enough to Stir the traders so much that the thread was locked and a new rule regarding posting ebay links on SF was introduced - post and your banned.

Funny that considering its run by MVP who are a Boostlogic reseller :innocent:

Will this forum go the same way if a certain trader is allowed to buy it? hmm... :rolleyes:

Take that kit for the money it is, stick the turbo on th fireplace and buy a gt35r for £800 - and you have an excellent start into the single turbo world.

Exactly my plans mate. It's FAR more cost effective than the premium kits - provided you don't mind getting your hands dirty! I wouldn't recommend it though for a novice DIY'er though.

Agreed Dar, but for those who can get their hands dirty, aint afraid of a bit of trial and error id recommend this route to anyone thinking of going single...

Then you have your fuel system, how does a hks style rail with -6an dual feeds and return, complete 750CC 850CC 1000CC RODCHESTRER OR 1600CC BOSCH INECTORS, cips etc etc for £330 sound?

well id mention the supplier but probably get my wrists slapped lol