The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tesco fuel wins shoot out!

VELOCITY

So we now have two contrasting reports, one from a magazine where they used a turbo engine on a bench and each fuel, plus we now have the pistonheads report.

I'll use whatever I'm nearest to :)

I read the Banzai review too. That seemed 'scientific' enough for me. All done on a highly modified 200sx turbo'd engine using ignition advance as the key to the test.

Strangely, that review came out with Tesco 99 being only slightly better than 95, and Optimax was a clear winner :blink:

Maybe the fuel companies 'sponsor' some 'independent' tests ?;)

i tried tesco 99 for the first time this week down in wellingboro (not available here yet) and the car felt alot more responsive and overall ran better on the drive home. just filled up tonight with v-power so see how that comes out. i never use BP ultimate though i hate the crap may aswell just pour it into a sieve thats how fast it goes and the car doesent seem to run as well, and its always alot more than shell or tesco.

shell for me, i don't buy into this bull crap i know of big companys that have tested all the fuel and on a big power car the shell always wins hands down due to it's far superior additives and i dont mind paying the extra :) :cool:

shell always wins hands down due to it's far superior additives and i dont mind paying the extra :) :cool:

Unfortunately for me, those 'far superior additives' seemed to have a negative effect on my oil consumption.

Tesco99 => goodbye blue smoke!

Still, I'm putting in new valve stem oil seals tomorrow anyway.

Unfortunately for me, those 'far superior additives' seemed to have a negative effect on my oil consumption.

Tesco99 => goodbye blue smoke!

Still, I'm putting in new valve stem oil seals tomorrow anyway.

fair comment