The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Best Exhaust For Turbo Supras

Markie

Does anyone use steel wool up their exhaust?

I saw this done a while ago just in the backbox.

Is that to reduce noise?:search:

I`ve never heard of steel wool being used but fibre glass wadding is used for silencing in back boxes, It helps to absorb the sound. If you want to try this I think M&P motorcycle accessories stock the wadding. Aword of warning though, if you pack too much in it will actually make the exhaust louder! A trick I picked up from my motorcycling days.:eyebrows:

If I get a 4" Exhaust system like the HKS HYPER TITANIUM. Will that just come with end pipe and middle, thus leaving me still to get a manifold and downpipe.

Are the manifolds used with 4" exhaust systems normal size or are they bigger than normal also? Also the down pipe?

Hope this question makes sense.

Shit guys, I have been trying to figure this exhaust crap out.

Could someone please say whether say a BL or PHR turbo kit comes with the manifold pipes and also the down pipe and will just bolt onto say an exhaust systems middle pipe and back box?

Or will I still need to use my decat pipe? Unsure if a decat pipe is different to the downpipe supplied with the turbo kits..

Also, I am guessing most manifolds/downpipes are 3" therefore only a 3" exhaust is the only logical choice, as having a 3" going into a 4" exahaust system does seem a pointless excercise to me.

Hope someone can make this a little clearer to me.

What do they mean by cat back?

All I am trying to work out is that if you get a 3" manifold and down pipe with the turbo kit will my decat pipe still be needed to connect it to the exhaust?

Would I be right in saying that the bits to the system would be Manifold - Downpipe - Exhaust mid - Backbox with cat back exhaust or would it be Manifold - downpipe - De-CAT pipe - Exhaust mid - Backbox?

You could do alot worse than buying the HKS Carbon Ti that Francis is selling in the for sale section. I have just had one of these put on my car and it sounds fooking lovely imo, much much nicer than the nurspec-r that can be very droney and quite frankly annoying

Power House Amuse do the best exhausts full stop. Just a shame I can't aford one right now, if money was no option thats what I would have. They do a 4" straight through but last time I checked it was well over a 1K! I had the 3" system on my old system and it was just a work of art and it also sounded fantastic!

Kevin

:iagree: That's why i bought your old one :D

Looking at Nic's link and my amazing fluency in Japanese :inno: it looks like the Supra 4" is around the £930 mark. Nic, can you get it cheaper.

However I am still wondering what else would be needed with one of these systems? Would I still need my de-cat pipe and then purchase additional mani and downpipe both also being 4" in diameter....

Really trying to get my headaround upgrades and whats needed as this is the winter is going to go ahead!! I have promised myself!

Nic, can you get it cheaper.

Yes probably.

The problem though with exhausts is their length. Normal postage has a limit of 1.5m, unfortunately the centre section of the Supra exhaust is around 1.6-1.7m, so the only way to send would be using DHL, UPS, etc. who charge an absolute fortune. This is the main reason why I don't sell exhausts, which is a shame as I can most exhausts at very good prices.