The mkiv Supra Owners Club

bpu vs scooby

ADD

A little bit!! :shock: :p

You'll have to keep driving it to check. Are you sure you guage is correct? What did Chris say the ring should be? (even though it changes between cars!).

i just purchased a ring restricted to 1.2 bar.....

i also bought a 1.2 ring from Chris, during this weather mine is making about 0.9, 1 at the most in the evenings. But remember its set to allow 1.2 in the coldest type of winter weather, so if you file it down, come winter time you will be boosting well over 1.2. Thats why your better off just fitting a BC to up it when you want more in this warmer weather

I too had a CW restrictor ring which restricted me to 0.9 after going BPU. I took it out and was getting a good 1.2bar everytime. I've bought me a BC to have fitted for when it gets colder tho.

As for BPU v Scooby, I'm not so sure. My mate has a classic Scooby with 310bhp and we were dead even in a race from 40+ up to 100mph. I developed a boost leak around that time so maybe I was loosing power, who knows? I'm kinda hoping I had my leak when we raced! ;)

I too had a CW restrictor ring which restricted me to 0.9 after going BPU. I took it out and was getting a good 1.2bar everytime. I've bought me a BC to have fitted for when it gets colder tho.

Boost controller can't decrease the maximum boost only increase it. So if you're hitting 1.2 now then you might be looking at 1.3-1.4 in cooler weather.

After now owning both, Id say Scooby off the mark, but Supra all the way top end!

I think around twisty turny roads the Scoob should probably just about have the advantage, but again, this all comes down 99% to driver ability (or lack of it).

Here are a couple of pics of my new toy, probably not very welcome here, but hey!.... Gives you an idea of the competition!

Andy

Boost controller can't decrease the maximum boost only increase it. So if you're hitting 1.2 now then you might be looking at 1.3-1.4 in cooler weather.

:confused: Can't I fit the BC and just set it to 1.2bar? That was the idea, then when it gets colder the BC would stop it from overboosting.

Edit: Sub culture- I always thought my mates Mica red Classic was the nicest looking Scooby I'd seen. Until i saw yours that is. One hell of a nice car, i didn't think Scoobys could look that good! lol

:confused: Can't I fit the BC and just set it to 1.2bar? That was the idea, then when it gets colder the BC would stop it from overboosting.

No. If you were hitting 1.4 without a boost controller (for example), you can't then set the boost controller to 1.2, it won't work, it can only raise boost from what you would be getting without one.