The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TT fuel consumption

Dave Henshall

Think the facelift has a smaller tank as I seem to fill up from bone dry on around £60 of Optimax. I get 250 miles per tank tops from this and enjoy every minute of it :D with foot down more often than not :)

My older TT's seemed to take more to fuel up so think they had a bigger tank.

Things like Walbro fuel pump (which I have) seem to cause a little more fuel useage because of the slightly increased (around 3 or 4psi) base fuel pressure. I'm BPU also running a 4000 stall TC.

Cheers,

Brian.

Interesting reading this, in relation to my thread in technical about a possibly shagged O2 sensor..

I'm a roughly BPU UK TT manual and getting 210-260 miles from about £85 fuel. Have seen just about 300 driving like a pansy though. Mixture of town and b-road driving. Drive to work and back totally off boost quite often but like to play now and again.

Amazed that some people are getting more miles than that out of a J-spec TT when they have smaller tanks.

Either you guys drive like you're 90 or I DO need a new O2 sensor :D

The auto will always have a couple of mpg disadvantage like-for-like. It is built in the design, no way round it.

It is the other side of the 'easy to drive' coin. Can't have it both ways.

Also remember that it is a heavy car, with wide wheels (rolling resistance + frontal area).

Not exactly an econobox, maybe we should all adopt a whale to make for our extra C02 contributions.:D

When I first got my car I was like "driving Miss Daisy" - and managed just over 26mpg average.

Sadly, now I'm used to the car, it's nothing like that anymore :D But cruising on the motorway I can still get around 24mpg.

btw, Chris Wilson also sells O2 sensors but they aren't the Toyota ones and as such need to be spliced / soldered onto the existing wiring. No problems at all with mine, and it's very easy to do :)

I expect you've never driven it low enough, I've never put 80 litres in mine as I've never had the balls to drive it long enough to empty the tank, it's not a good idea!

If you can put 70 litres in it, it's definitely bigger than 70 litres :)

:D I hope so cos itsa strange tank I think. The light comes on when the needle shows quite a bit left on the gauge. I was panicking the other day when I was going through the Mersey tunnel with the light beaming!!