The mkiv Supra Owners Club

yet another one bites the dust

supra dan

doesn't look too bad, can def be fixed that is for sure. As for it being a write off, all depends on how much the car is worth to replace, is it a TT in good condition? If so there is no way it would be a write off imho, even an N/A I'd still think it would be economical to fix, if it is then def try and buy it back.

The only thing I'd be concerned about is getting that inner wing fixed up properly (straightening to remove the crease) - but a good bodyshop should be able to put it straight :)

It looks like the slam panel may have gone back a bit, as the rad clamp is sitting high above the rad in the picture! These are £80 from toyota. Your bumper support is obviously had it, and is about £40 from toyota.

I wish my car had been that easy to repair :)

That doesn't look too bad.

They always look a lot worse with all the smashed bits still attached.

The inner wing will probably need pulling a bit, but I'd be very surprised if its a right off.

Let me also say, :respekt: for admitting it was your fault. We all cock up from time to time but these days it makes a refreshing change to meet someone who's go the balls to admit it.

thankyou all for the kind words, it makes a big difference to speak to people who love their cars aswell, really was gutted yesterday, feeling much more positive now, hopefully it will be back, bigger, stronger, faster :) just got to run around in my ibiza now, wonder if it will run for more than a week without going wrong?

Dan mate, I'm sure that they'll be literally hundreds of items lying around in members garages that can be used to get your Supe back to full fitness again.

Get one of the boys to do a quick list of parts needed and then stick it on the forum - I'm sure the bits will flood in before you know it!

Feel for you bud, but the boys are right; its far worse than what it looks

Regards mate, Andrew:thumbs: :thumbs:

I actually wouldnt be that surprised if the insurance do right it off. Almost any damage on a car of this age and value they normally right off. Still thats an easy fix for sure. You could get most of the parts second hand and fix it really cheap. I guess the biggest part of the insurance claim will be the other cars.

I actually wouldnt be that surprised if the insurance do right it off. Almost any damage on a car of this age and value they normally right off. Still thats an easy fix for sure. You could get most of the parts second hand and fix it really cheap. I guess the biggest part of the insurance claim will be the other cars.

well it still needs pulling so it's a professional job, still it can all be fixed. the main thing is how much is the car worth. It might cost 2-3k to fix from a proper bodyshop, this might be marginal (but still probably ok) on an NA and no problems on a decent TT

what model is your car dan and how much would you say it was worth?

this is what im afraid of.its an import 6 speed. 55000 miles, was in good not perfect condition. value, £9000 maybe? not sure as ive never thought about selling. might actually be better if they write it off and let me buy it back, tho ive heard companies dont do that now cos they agree to sell all salvage to one breaker? dont know if thats right

DAN belive me i know actually how you feel, wait for pics of my car crash yesterday; up load tonight and that will put smile back on ya face!!!!

cos mines worse then yours is :p

whole bottom corner has gone passenger side front

rear wheel nackerd (same side)

driver door, drive shaft and supention bits and pieces it is a mess...

so but smile back on thou face ;)