The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Weird missfire problem...Please help

garetheves

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picked up the car tonight from Hyper Sports and Racing and problems gone. Turned out to be a faulty wire between the Traction control and ECU. Took them ages to find it though and they were getting pretty frustrated themselves with it. Anyway, its running sweet now and was a very enjoyable drive home.

Thanks a million to everyone that has had some input into this thread and thanks for being patient with my endless supply of questions that ive pestered you with. :respekt: :grouphug: I owe you all a :friday:

Picked up the car tonight from Hyper Sports and Racing and problems gone. Turned out to be a faulty wire between the Traction control and ECU. Took them ages to find it though and they were getting pretty frustrated themselves with it. Anyway, its running sweet now and was a very enjoyable drive home.

Thanks a million to everyone that has had some input into this thread and thanks for being patient with my endless supply of questions that ive pestered you with. :respekt: :grouphug: I owe you all a :friday:

Didnt see that one coming :blink:

Glad you got it Sorted Gareth, now go out and drive it some!! lol

Marty

Didnt see that one coming :blink:

Glad you got it Sorted Gareth, now go out and drive it some!! lol

Marty

Neither did i tbh mate, never even thought of something along those lines. Ive got a few bits and piece to tart up the engine bay and im soooo tempted to go out and fit them now but think ill wait for weekend. Very tempted to go for a drive as well.

You are not alone.

Often similar problems are due to corroded/dodgy connections in looms, especially if aftermarkets bits have been spliced.

I've even sold a car in frustration when I couldn't find the source of mysterious misfires after changing everything in the ignition and fuelling systems. The only thing left original was the ECU loom, and I wasn't prepared to rewire that one. Anectodal evidence suggests that those *do* go wrong after 10years due to cheap materials used by the factory (Vauxhall, quality....)

Really please for you matey! And you've even got enought left to get to mascrat :) Just out of intrested to they put it back on the dyno for tuning?

It did go on the dyno for diagnostic purposes but didnt need any tuning, they said it was running fine. Dropped off my bumper tonight for paint so hopefully should have that on for Mascrat as well :D

It did go on the dyno for diagnostic purposes but didnt need any tuning, they said it was running fine. Dropped off my bumper tonight for paint so hopefully should have that on for Mascrat as well :D

So its going to look even better! and it goes well, i'm feeling left out might have to buy something supra related to cheers myself up :eyebrows: