The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Top Speed??

jakewebster

I had my first UK Auto well over 180 (LPH), that was stock. I was quite impressed with that.

Kevin's done 190mph in 1.25 miles at TOTB before, backed off way before the line due to coolant pipe blowoff. Can do 146mph in a quarter mile though? :D

We spent a lot of prep this year to try and win the top speed, then broke the car doing 1/4 a mile!

Gaz.

184mph at TOTB4, @1.25miles from a standing start :) Speed measured by radar trap. It's was still accelerating, but not by much.

-Ian

hya ,.

i totaly 100% believe you,

however there was an episode on top gear when they did tests to see how fast you have to go to be invisible to a radar trap.,

they timed it that you need 176mph to go thru radar and not set it off ?

hya ,.

i totaly 100% believe you,

however there was an episode on top gear when they did tests to see how fast you have to go to be invisible to a radar trap.,

they timed it that you need 176mph to go thru radar and not set it off ?

That was a speed camera, not something design to mesure speed, which is what ian is talking about!