The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wheels from Gaz

wkdtime

You shouldn't need to polish them mate, just give them a quick clean if they're dirty and they should come straight up, can still use polish on top if need be (I think!). This is a pic of my AME wheel from the broken supra, had been sitting outside for 4 weeks without the wheels being cleaned. One quick wipe with a dry cloth and it was shiny again

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/7551/rightreartc4.jpg

EDIT: It's not completely perfect though (what is?) - these are pics of the left wheel covered in what we think caused my crash, this stuff has ruined the wheel so if you think anything dodgy has gotten on, clean them ASAP:

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/1470/leftrearkk4.jpg

http://img467.imageshack.us/img467/7862/leftrear2fr9.jpg

That looks a bit like Burt's 66's on the inside before he painted them ??? from this pic anyway.....

Do all chrome rims end up lookinglike this over time ?

EDIT - compared with box fresh rims

Dunno about over time, mine were mint before the slippery spin.

They dude need a lot of looking after though and they won't like salt over the winter which is why i kept my old wheels for that :)

Yep particularly good for chromes Gaz :)

Its not just RH wheels that have problems with chrome lips, all JDM wheels have a harsh time with our conditions. Its worth spending a few quid Zoopsealing them.

Gaz.

The reason why I mentioned it was because they dont come laquered right? Which makes it worse. I'm sure other JDM brands do.

Any nice wheel requires lots of cleaning and not letting the dirt settle on them, especially during winter time like Ro said.

Everyone keeps telling me to just put some normal car body polish on my wheels, but i'm shitting myself over it! I've put nothing on them yet but feel i really need to. Some people say this, some say that, some say just put some polish on a little area first and see how it affects it! yeah right!

Had a chat with Colsoop whilst at JAE and he seems sure i can just put some normal polish on and then buff them up.

Just havent had the bottle to do anything with em yet!