The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Got my supra back all painted, pics

jamesmark

saw that at JAE.. looks good but needs finishing...brave choice of flake too...Respect

In what way does it need finishing? need the feed back lol as not up on these things lol

Its a shame it was not proper sunlight as it really does reflect and makes the car sparkle, Jae was dull and did not really sunny enough for to see the car at its best

In what way does it need finishing? need the feed back lol as not up on these things lol

Its a shame it was not proper sunlight as it really does reflect and makes the car sparkle, Jae was dull and did not really sunny enough for to see the car at its best

I'd flat and polish it to a mirror finish..then use parts of the car to pick out the fleck...The problem with a colour like that is, its all about the body and not the rest of the car;) So you need subtle things to take your eye away from the fleck and onto the car and its stance and prescense...How you do this is personal taste and up to you...Take a step back and really look at the car..then decide what YOU think will compliment the colour YOU have chosen.

I chose very gloss black and used the interior and the wheels to make a point...but i only chose two colours at a max three..black/silver/blue..

I chose very gloss black and used the interior and the wheels to make a point...but i only chose two colours at a max three..black/silver/blue..

hi mate i spoke to you briefly at JAE about your superdragger if you remember lol.. how did you get THAT kind of shine on your car? what processes or is it resprayed polished etc can you give me some details as thats how i want mine to shine.. thanks :)

I could tell you but i'd have to kill you.... Lets just say 13 years in the game helps..and its very cheap if you know how..

come onnnn dont keep the secret to yourself tell me and i wont tell anyone else :p in the name of ''club spirit'' hehe.

I'd flat and polish it to a mirror finish..then use parts of the car to pick out the fleck...The problem with a colour like that is, its all about the body and not the rest of the car;) So you need subtle things to take your eye away from the fleck and onto the car and its stance and prescense...How you do this is personal taste and up to you...Take a step back and really look at the car..then decide what YOU think will compliment the colour YOU have chosen.

My car has had its final buff but with all the rain at Jae i could not poish it well i could have but erm i suffered serious i cant be arsed, i used auto glym on it on the friday night and before it got dark it looked amazing and it did gleem like yours but with the schamos leather going over it at jae it made it dullk as hell, i was not impressed

My car has had its final buff but with all the rain at Jae i could not poish it well i could have but erm i suffered serious i cant be arsed, i used auto glym on it on the friday night and before it got dark it looked amazing and it did gleem like yours but with the schamos leather going over it at jae it made it dullk as hell, i was not impressed

I was not having a go just pointing out that the colour you havegone for is tricky to make independent from the rest of the car...ahhhhh i'm not making any sense here....Very unique paint = very hard to balance the rest of car out without going over the top...IYKWIM:blink: no smilie for i'm being very anal....:(

Club spirit seemed to die a few nights back...:(

:rolleyes: ive still got it in me lol. no really if your not going to share the secret can you make mine shine like that then?

I was not having a go just pointing out that the colour you havegone for is tricky to make independent from the rest of the car...ahhhhh i'm not making any sense here....Very unique paint = very hard to balance the rest of car out without going over the top...IYKWIM:blink: no smilie for i'm being very anal....:(

Mate am not one for jumping down peoples throats like some people can on here, I am glad you have taken an intrest in actually putting an effort into trying to make the old girl good, I really do genuinly appreciate the feedback :thumbs:

Although next respray WILL be a windows out job.

Mate am not one for jumping down peoples throats like some people can on here, I am glad you have taken an intrest in actually putting an effort into trying to make the old girl good, I really do genuinly appreciate the feedback :thumbs:

The windows out or a spray booth...so thats not a problem....I remember your car cos it stood out..so thats a good thing OK;) As i don't really notice cars much as its my job:blink:

Interesting. Why do you say that?

My grey car was a 'windows in' respray and I've noticed that around the rear side windows it isn't as good as it could be. Is that what you mean?

Interesting. Why do you say that?

My grey car was a 'windows in' respray and I've noticed that around the rear side windows it isn't as good as it could be. Is that what you mean?

Yes, I read on here a few times that a windows out respray can be a pain in the ass trying to get them back in without damaging the seals, and getting new seals too is a costly thing.

I want to know how too make my car shine like that too Supraloopy...

I spent 3 and a half hours cleaning my car up last weekend, it didn't look far off yours but I want that shine! A large portion of that time was getting crappy 'Super Advan Racing' stickers off my door from the last owner.

Theres something you may be able to help me with. I have got the stickers off, polished it up, looks great. However in some lights you can still see the outline of the old sticker. How do I get rid of that? I have the outline of an out 'Supra' sticker on the back window too.

I want to know how too make my car shine like that too Supraloopy...

I spent 3 and a half hours cleaning my car up last weekend, it didn't look far off yours but I want that shine! A large portion of that time was getting crappy 'Super Advan Racing' stickers off my door from the last owner.

Theres something you may be able to help me with. I have got the stickers off, polished it up, looks great. However in some lights you can still see the outline of the old sticker. How do I get rid of that? I have the outline of an out 'Supra' sticker on the back window too.

as i said before, Dave is in the trade and he flatted his paintwork down with 1500 grit wet and dry iirc. I wouldnt personally like to attempt it