The mkiv Supra Owners Club

asshole copper

ECK

Funny thing is I got pulled by random at 4.00am by a nice young lady the other week on my way home from work.. the first time in 12 years by the police (4 years supra) and she asked me if I wanted a certificate or something like that cant remember what it was but she was nice as pie and just checking the vehicle out being early in the morning funy thing was I dont carry the tax disc in the window:rolleyes: I think most of the time the police do a great job and only looking out for the safety guys

...A police officer only has powers to stop you if he is in UNIFORM. It doesn't matter what car he is driving at the time wether its marked or unmarked its what he is wearing that counts. ...

Very interesting, thanks for that:)

By the way, I would *never* stop in a case like this.

I'd just ignore him, and if he tried anything funny I'd lose him and then report him to the police.

He could very well be a nutter with a gun - what if that 'undercover' car is stolen and he ends up leaving in *your* car, then you'd have nothing but a vague description of a conman.:rolleyes:

I doubt that your insurance company would pay up either, since he was given the keys (go prove otherwise, eh?)

This also makes me think there should be points for people not observing proper lane disipline to.

Surely "hogging the middle lane" is Driving without due care...

or something ?? 'cos you're not looking for when it's safe to RETURN to the

nearside lane (OR looking in yer mirrors !!).

There MUST be a law to cover it...WITH some appropriate points !

I ALWAYS cut the ba**ards up if they're s(h)itting in the

middle....... I HATE IT WITH A VENGANCE

The only time when i actually do it MYSELF is on the way down the A12

just after the Chelmsford exits where it goes to 3-lanes.

The INSIDE lane is absolutley TERRIBLE now (seems to be WORSE after

they did 'repairs to that whole section during the winter months ????)

If i'm in the Soop i DO go in the middle lane regardless 'cos otherwise

i'm shaking all over the place.

HOWEVER, if ANYONE comes up behind me i STILL get over to the nearside

as quick as i can (and then just suffer)

If i'm in the Sierra the rough road doesn't matter, so stick inside anyhow

(well, the Sierra spends a tad more time in the SLOWlane anyways:( )

A couple of things... (Class one please clarify).....

But this is what I was told in the US (So not sure how much applies over here)...

First thing when pulled over, wind the window down a fraction and ask the following question 'Officer, why did you pull me over?'... never admit guilt FOR ANYTHING....(Such as 'Sorry, officer, I know I was speeding')

If they ask for license, slide it through the gap...

If they ask you to get out the car, climb out the car, LOCKING the car after you when they get out and shut the door..

NEVER admit guilt to anything...also if they wish to search the car, politely refuse unless they have a warrant. Do not consent to a search. Always be polite, but firm and remember your rights.

If they have got proof (ie VASCAR), swallow ALL pride and be polite and HUMBLE (key one), don't try be a smartarse. (Attitude test will get you a long way). However still stick your guns about not knowing that you were infringing the law.

Just my 2c

Police in this country have many many powers to search your car. If they see something through the window that raises suspicions, they can search it. I'm not going into it in details, it'd take ages.

Class one - I had a case the other day where I chased a disqual driver in an unmarked car, even with the blues and twos going, the CPS dropped the fail to stop charge as the car was an unmarked car and was deemed 'uniform' for the purpose of the offence.