The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Interesting BPU vs Single picture...

Gazboy

Nice overlay Nic.

FWIW people who just do the ETTC mod WILL NOT get Nic's results.

Nic's car is mapped on an eManage and the timing has been adjusted to make the best of his permanently modded setup.

Have to say I'm impressed by Nic's results as I didn't think TTC could be that good. Hats off to the mapper.

Guest Terry S
I thought I would overlay my dyno graph (I only have hp), I am running BPU on stock jap turbos at 1.25bar, but in TTC (parallel). See my garage for full spec

It is interesting to see how the power curve compares to Homer's BPU Supra running in sequential mode, we are both making similar top end power, but I seem to gain a lot of mid range power running in parallel.

[qimg]http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/8074/t61vsbpubm7.jpg[/qimg]

edit just seen your garage Nic. Was the car dyno'd in 5th? Your car makes less torque than Homers, or is that my reading of the graphs?

Agree with you Alex, I would not advocate switching to TTC without having some way of remapping the fueling and ignition.

I was actually very suprised to see just how much extra mid range power I get compared to a BPU car with sequential setup. I was also suprised that I don't actually loose much power at lower rpms.

Mine is converted to TTC permanently by switching the vacuum hoses around, rather than the electrical conversion. I also have HKS cams fitted (i256/e264) and have had some mild head work done, which I guess helps gain some extra mid to top end power.

edit just seen your garage Nic. Was the car dyno'd in 5th? Your car makes less torque than Homers, or is that my reading of the graphs?

It was a dyno dynamics dyno, not sure what gear it was done in (doesn't say on the graph I have). I don't have a torque graph here, the line I added is the hp only, I'll get a torque graph and add that too.

Guest Terry S
It was a dyno dynamics dyno, not sure what gear it was done in (doesn't say on the graph I have). I don't have a torque graph here, the line I added is the hp only, I'll get a torque graph and add that too.

OK, just most people will dyno in 5th, which adds load so it will spool faster. Both the others were in 4th. Also in my experience the HKS Cam combination moved the whole power curve to the right a bit. The Flowed head may well be helping yours as well.

Just to add my graph (and Homers judging by the figures) is estimated flywheel power (generated by the dyno) NOT rear wheel hp.

Is yours rear wheel power shown Terry? Not a good comparison with yours if it is. I was more interested in the comparison with Homers as his has similar power and some similar mods to mine according to his garage.

Guest Terry S

No Nic it's FW ( the turbo simple couldn't flow enough for it to be at the wheels), but RWHP could be applied for other dynos here in the UK ;)

If you are going near the dyno anytime soon, ask them to do it in 4th then we will be able to compare properly mate.

If you are going near the dyno anytime soon, ask them to do it in 4th then we will be able to compare properly mate.

Will do! Just got off the phone to them .. and the next available slot they have is anytime in the 1st week of August. Got to ring the guy again tomorrow to booking ... as said he was the train-station.

Must've re-directed the call to his mobile.

I've just spoken to the tuners, they said they do the power runs on manuals in 4th usually. He didn't have the info for mine at hand, but said it was most likely done in 4th gear. I'll get a torque graph when I'm next there and add this to the graph.

Guest Terry S
I've just spoken to the tuners, they said they do the power runs on manuals in 4th usually. He didn't have the info for mine at hand, but said it was most likely done in 4th gear. I'll get a torque graph when I'm next there and add this to the graph.

:cool: