The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Running Costs

Guest markuso

Guest markuso

Hmm, something to bear in mind I guess... But still worth a try for a quote I guess? Do you guys find them to be quite good for prices?

Does my quote of £710 f/c (22y/o, 2yrs n/c) sound pretty good? Or could I de even better do you think?? :)

Hmm i just bought my na supra off a member here and about £55 filled it up from the red light and it has done 330 miles or so on it with a fair mix of driving.

I've got the 4 speed auto and i've not touched the 'manual' mode. THe previous motor, an FTO had a much more complicated tiptronic mode and seemed to do much more in regards to learning how you drive etc but the box on the Soop is very smooth even if it doesn't seem to be quite as harsh with the power.

I wouldn't run a turbo car on less than the proper fuel though.

m.

Guest markuso
Jus to re-iterate you can run an NA on 95 RON without issues. I have been for four years and I do 18000 miles a year.

FWIW your insurance quote sounds like a mistake. I'm 34 with full NCB and I pay £650.

That's what I thought, but I phoned another company just now and got a very similar quote. I got them to confirm the details twice, and will get it through in writing in the next few days :)

I think it's all done on statistics, and chances are that maybe there aren't many people my age who own supra's (registered with those companies)...

They wanted £18 on top of my current policy, which is £800... and a new quote was around the £800 mark, which is very good really...

Not as good as Elephant however...

Not picked up my Supra yet, waiting for the registration to complete etc but I have a quote from elephant too and it's £745 fully comp for a 93 mkiv N/A auto.

I'm 31, I have 2 years NCB but I've only had my full license for 8 months !!!!!

(had my previous car VW Scirocco before passing my test hence why I've got NCB longer)

I've checked with them twice to make sure it is all correct and they are sure.

My Scirocco was costing be £825 3rd party !!!!!!

Hmm, something to bear in mind I guess... But still worth a try for a quote I guess? Do you guys find them to be quite good for prices?

Does my quote of £710 f/c (22y/o, 2yrs n/c) sound pretty good? Or could I de even better do you think?? :)

Double check that it is a Mkiv they're insuring you on - Direct Line twice tried to insure me against a Mkiii at an incredibly good price, it wasn't till I asked em which model (they said 88-93 iirc) that I realised why.

Stupidly, they also asked me to phone them after the insurance was settled as they thought it was a 2006 model!

Guest markuso

Glad I'm not the only one getting good quotes from them then! I will defo check it's not a mk3 when the quote comes through though...

I'm trying to arrange a test-drive in one at the weekend, so we shall see how that goes!

I've only had my current car about 9 months (And 7 months for the one before that!), but I get bored easily!

Guest markuso

Well, possibly not. I think it's fair to want to know rough costs before buying a car though right? :)

I'm pretty sure I could manage it...

And if it's a bit much a few months down the line, I can sell it, and it won't have lost loads (providing it's a decent one)...

sounds like they have quoted you on a uk spec sup mate - elephant are pants when it comes to paying out

I can see your point about paying out, although I've never had to claim on my insurance before (i guess i've been lucky or something)... aren't the UK specs higher power anyway? i was under the impression that the only uk spec version is a twin turbo, with about 300bhp?