The mkiv Supra Owners Club

sorry to be nosey but how old are you and who are you insured with

Guest Lucy

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats probably down to either your postcode or your negotiating. Thats not meant to sound offensive, i just take haggling to an extreme i think. Even do it when purchasing from shops quite often.:blink: much to the bemusement of my better half.

Believe me i get quite pushy with them,;) i didn't think my post code was that bad, but the car is kept on the road with CCTV on it.

Hi Lucy.....

I pay £1300, maximum no claims, no points, no convictions......

28 years old....

Its a 1998 TT, mods listed below.......and an assured value of 18k and thats with the club insurer Sky.

Although I wanna try A-Quote, someone I know, same age, same area is paying about £400 less then me, albeit on a NA. But the thing I like about Sky is they will give you an agreed value, so if its ever written off they wont try and screw you with the "but the book price is only worth this" ;)

Have you got your eye on a particular Supe, or are just inquiring to see if its feasable....?? Was your quote on a NA or TT ??

I'm 24

93 J-spec N/A manual

NO no claims!!

£1600

With Admiral

try to quote as fewer miles as possible as this can bring your quote down loads!!

thats expensive for a N/A

95 j-spec rz tt manual

21 1ncb

Full bodykit, wheels, suspension, filter, exhaust, FMIC, steering wheel.

Cat1 alarm

£1700 with lancaster

upto 10,000 miles a year, agreed value

:shock: you guys are terrible - i cannot understand why no one's asked the most important question....:thumbdown:

HOVIS SHOT PLEASE!
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_oops.gif

Well, we didn't exactly get Hovis shots.... but...

Sorry Lucy, hope you don't mind... :)

Hey Guys as I am new here whats all this HOVIS lark what does it mean lol:p ;) someone please explain to me

lol :)

Well your gorgeous anyway :love: But Hovis shots are were you take a picture of yourself with a Hovis loaf of bread above your head for proof of authentacity, you know some girls will go and skank a photo of the net and claim it to be them........

Well your gorgeous anyway :love: But Hovis shots are were you take a picture of yourself with a Hovis loaf of bread above your head for proof of authentacity, you know some girls will go and skank a photo of the net and claim it to be them........

one of the girls did that on another forum - was funny to read :p

i am 20 years young

3 points

0 no claims bonus

mods declared

paying £1900 with CIS give or take a few pennies

oh btw its a j/spec tt

car - '98 TT VVTI / AM exhaust / wheels / lowered

how much did you pay for the car originally - £23 k

Age - 47

Insurance cost per year and company - £750 / Liverpool Victoria

no claims protected and how many yrs no claims etc? - yes / full

Ive been done over by the looks of it

Guest pompeysupra

Hi Lucy,

Not really a help re price as i'm a lot older (40 - mid life crisis made me buy it!)but i had problems getting quote for an import from most companies, they would quote but didnt seem to be able to enter my j spec N/A so i was getting quotes through post for uk TT's etc even though i specified import.

I'm insured with SKY and although not the cheapest quote (by about £20)they did know one model from another etc. and were really helpful. I was happy to pay extra £20 for piece of mind that my model was insured so i wouldn't have any hassle if i ever needed to make a claim.

Hope this helps