The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which FCD

Matt H

Ben, is the unit from Thor the same as what i posted above? Ie, is it the TRL one?

I'm a bit crap with electronicy type things, or perhaps i should say just scared of them on my car! :) Anyone going to Japshow this sunday that wants to lend me a hand to diagnose? Not sure if something just needs unplugging or un soldering or what :eek:

Ben, is the unit from Thor the same as what i posted above? Ie, is it the TRL one?

I'm a bit crap with electronicy type things, or perhaps i should say just scared of them on my car! :) Anyone going to Japshow this sunday that wants to lend me a hand to diagnose? Not sure if something just needs unplugging or un soldering or what :eek:

Yup, TRL and Thor are the same thing. I think TRL is Petes Electronics design company and Thor is where Pete sells it! I would offer to help at JapShow but I'm poo with electronics too!

Mine is an auto and the idle speed normally sits around 200 rpm! normally at the first small line just above the first big line.

LOL! That'll be 600rpm then, the first mark shows 500rpm, it would never even consider idling at 200rpm....

Also, for the money of the Thor FCD, I'd go and find a cheap Emanage Blue as that will then give you fuel control at a later date, rather than adding an SAFC or similar. My brother just picked an emanage blue up off of fleabay for £70 with all the harnesses. Also, there have been known to be problems with Thor units too, think they are all solved now, but with his recent reputation on the board I wouldn't be sure.

LOL! That'll be 600rpm then, the first mark shows 500rpm, it would never even consider idling at 200rpm....

Also, for the money of the Thor FCD, I'd go and find a cheap Emanage Blue as that will then give you fuel control at a later date, rather than adding an SAFC or similar. My brother just picked an emanage blue up off of fleabay for £70 with all the harnesses. Also, there have been known to be problems with Thor units too, think they are all solved now, but with his recent reputation on the board I wouldn't be sure.

is there any unit that doesnt have problems??! :search:

What do you mean in the red bit mate?

Ta