The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What's that noise?

RedM

what about the servo for the heater? when you switch it from wind screen to blowing to footwell it makes a noise

Ca't be that either. Remember, this noise happens AFTER the engine has shut off. Turn keys, engine dies, noise.

Will have to record it methinks.

I get this sometimes too....I only get it when the temp dial is set to minimum, and I've pressed the inlet button to select outside air instead of the default recirc you get. I assumed it was the inlet changing back to recirc.

I dont want the £5, Im happy to help.

I get this sometimes too....I only get it when the temp dial is set to minimum, and I've pressed the inlet button to select outside air instead of the default recirc you get. I assumed it was the inlet changing back to recirc.

I dont want the £5, Im happy to help.

F*ck a duck! That could be it. I always have it switched to outside air and lowest setting (even in winter cuz I'm an 'ard suvvener).

I've just been out to try it and I thought it may have something to do with the folding mirrors. The noise seems to happen only if I've closed them before switching the engine off. Maybe the motor locks them in or something. But I am liking your idea, Ewen. Will try it tonight when I get home.