The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I've been a bad, bad boy and bought...

Dash Rendar

... an Impreza!!

But the good news is that this is replacing the Rover as our second car, so the Supra stays... OF COURSE!

I wanted a fast Japanese car that my wife would be able to handle. The Supra is too much for her, but the Scooby seems just right.

It's a 2001 WRX in navy blue with just 27K miles. Yep, it's ugly, but it goes pretty well, especially round the 'bouts.

Having now driven a Scooby for a few hours really makes me appreciate just how fast a BPU Supra is. The Scooby feels so tame in comparison!

I hope I haven't lost too many friends posting this here. ;)

Cheers James.

I'll post up pictures once I've cleaned it!

Performance-wise, it's currently a stock WRX except for a Prodrive exhaust. So I'd guess at 230-235bhp. I don't know anything about Scoobies, but if I'm right in thinking that it has two cats, I'll probably take out one and add a dump valve ('cause the missus and I love that sound on the Supra). Otherwise, we'll probably leave it stock, as this will be the runaround car for the missus and I don't want it to have silly power.

I've been out in it again this morning and now I'm feeling a little sad. :(

With the Scooby, I can plant my foot to the floor going around bends and roundabouts with confidence. In the Supra, I never do this as I'm afraid I'll end up facing the wrong way. (I pretty much only ever plant the Supra when going completely straight.) I wish I could drive the Supra with the same confidence I drive the Scooby... And I've only had it one day!

Seeing that pic of them next to each other certainly makes you appreciate the lines of the supe :p

What does your other half think of it (assuming you've she's has a chance to drive it yet!)? Hope to see both cars at the next Reading meet :)

PS: A single or double decat with a straight though cat-back and they sound awesome, not sure your neighbours will appreciate it though!

Ignore them I like it, and I'm a girl, and as its for a girl, that's all that matters

Well, that's true. (You are a girl.) I like it too... It's especially nice having a car with working air conditioning.

Neil, the problem with the classic is that the servicing costs are roughly double the bugeye. And I bought this particular bugeye because of the Morrette headlight conversion which makes the ugly car.... Slightly less ugly.

Let's be honest: noone buys a Scooby for their looks. I can now understand why people rave about them so much. (OMG, if I don't repent soon I might turn into a chav.)

And I think I'd be hardpressed to find a classic with such low mileage.