Tyres

oxygene

Are Kuhmo Escta tyres any good..?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Are Kuhmo Escta tyres any good..?

• Yes
    • No
    • They're ok, but....

falkens aren't a bad tyre - the 451's especially IMO, not sure if they should be classed as budget tho ... part of the range maybe?

i would take the so2's over the so3's anyday ..

had contis on my m3 and they weren't bad i thought

currently have pzero rossos - can't find too much to fault

would like some pilot sport cups but can't get 'em at a decent price so will be going goodyears next .......

:)

The other thing which I think was great.

The place that changed em was McCarthy Toyota in Croydon, my main service agent.

They changed the last set of tyres at 112,000 miles and the ones they have just taken off at 129,955.

So the last set of tyres have done nearly 18,000 miles.

Not bad me thinks, and they were very good in all conditions, thus the reason I got some more.

As a few others have said, Im runnnig the Bridgestone SO2's, gerat tyre, especially in the dry, dont think I have had them loose traction yet round corners, I it feels like Im pushing hard, but then again compared to what Tel would do I probably drive like a girl ;) In the wet, there good, except roundabouts above 25mph, but then again so it probably every other tyre.

On the NA at the moment we have Falkens, quality make, obviously I dont want to be sticking SO2's on there either due to the cost, so can anyone recomend and good cheap'ish tyre......

435 :eek: I paid 380 for my Eagles!

As for ZZ1's - you are joking right? These tyres are the worst most dangerous hedge jumpers I've ever had the misfortune to use, as bad as the tyres my supe came on. They had absolutely no wet grip in the slightest, no warning of breakaway, not good dry grip - all in all a joke of a tyre. Just do a search on scoobynet and try and find 1 favourable comment on them!!!! :eek:

Originally posted by HISUPE

As for ZZ1's - you are joking right? These tyres are the worst most dangerous hedge jumpers I've ever had the misfortune to use, as bad as the tyres my supe came on. They had absolutely no wet grip in the slightest, no warning of breakaway, not good dry grip - all in all a joke of a tyre. Just do a search on scoobynet and try and find 1 favourable comment on them!!!! :eek:

:werd:

My Supra had ZZ3s on when I bought it, they were crap in the dry and dangerous in the wet - far too hard.

I wouldn't buy them if they were a fiver.

Originally posted by oxygene

The other thing which I think was great.

The place that changed em was McCarthy Toyota in Croydon, my main service agent.

They changed the last set of tyres at 112,000 miles and the ones they have just taken off at 129,955.

So the last set of tyres have done nearly 18,000 miles.

Not bad me thinks, and they were very good in all conditions, thus the reason I got some more.

Dude looks like you are buying tyres for how long they will last - there are other (more important) contributing factors such as grip levels - if you are familiar with a brand then thats good but you should go on other people recomendations and try something different/better...especiallu considering you could have got F1's cheaper than what you paid for your Falkens + you are running 16 inch rims aswell arent you ?

Well at least its all sorted now and you are legal again.

Originally posted by Ashley Willis

Guys, come on, what tyre would you recomend I put on the NA....!! What tyres are you NA's out there running ????

i've got the Toyo's on at present, very good grip through the recent autumn / winter crap. Nothing to complain about except possibly a higher wear rate. However they weren't really any cheaper than F1's, so if you can get them in the sizes your after i'd go with them above the Toyo's.