The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What max boost is everyone running

Brian Jackett

Having recently decatted and fitted CW pipes and a super drager I have experienced boost pressures between 1.4 and 1.5 and experience detonation(miss firing) when running hard on the motorway.

I know lots have done this mod and I am interested in what you are experiencing. Obviously only people still running stock Turbo's need post here. Also be good if we could keep this  on topic.

Could people post :

1. type of decat mod (both cats junked etc..)

2. What type of rear box

3. Max boost

4. Are you experiencing Miss fire

5. Have you blown up yet

I think this would be interesting.

1.  Second cat removed with Blitz pipe

2.  Dual Drager cat back

3.  Never been over 1.2 usually hang around 1 bar

4.  No ....... but have replaced plugs with HKS gold plated version

5.  No.........but also have HKS FMIC and cold air intake to hopefully keep the charge nice and chilled

I'd be interested to hear views on front cat replacement over 2nd cat....as with the DD and the rear cat removed the car doesn't overboost ( I use a bleed valve adjustable from in the car)

I wonder if there are any benefits to be had (better spool up )by maybe refitting the 2nd cat and removing the first.

Does anyone know if one is more restrictive than another??

Apologies if this is veering O/T

Quote: from Brian Jackett on 5:00 pm on Nov. 12, 2001[br]Having recently decatted and fitted CW pipes and a super drager I have experienced boost pressures between 1.4 and 1.5 and experience detonation(miss firing) when running hard on the motorway.

I know lots have done this mod and I am interested in what you are experiencing. Obviously only people still running stock Turbo's need post here. Also be good if we could keep this  on topic.

Could people post :

1. type of decat mod (both cats junked etc..)

2. What type of rear box

3. Max boost

4. Are you experiencing Miss fire

5. Have you blown up yet

I think this would be interesting.

both cats, 3" downpipe

blitz nur spec with removable baffle

1.4 with baffle in, 1.5 with baffle out going up a huge hill foot flat on the floor for a split second.

no misfire

engine still runs like a good un.

JB