The mkiv Supra Owners Club

RLTC stall prob

nickyboy

A Firmware update is launched to get rid of bugs in software / hardware interfacing problems. Pioneer for example issue regular updates for DVD Writers for computer DVD drives. Each installation may have unique variations, I have a HKS Speed Limit Defender and a non-branded speedo conversion chip, some folks have a different ECU like EManage etc. What happens to me may be different to person B, its Evolution and sometimes this years upgrade can be a backward step for some people. It`s interesting about the Launch Control Bug as i have A Digital Adjuster so I`m tempted to raise my limit to outside the cars range so it won`t work. Its all about pro`s and cons at the end of the day and as long as its better for most then RLTC is a good idea, I`ve had one bad experience, RedM has had a lot more but to be honest the installer was the real problem. I`m not an auto-electrician but a reasonably proficient handyman and It was not easy to use the multi-connector plugs but ESSENTIAL for anyone considering RLTC if it were to misbehave !

Racelogics answer to sending back a unit that hasn't been connected with Multiloks is to "post them a swap-out plug which ensures the car can still run "

Hardly the most elegant way to get around an avoidable situation. I'm hoping that, should I ever get to that point, that it literally plugs in and I don't have to pay to have someone do soldering and the like. :rolleyes:

One thing I haven't mentioned yet is that Mike Broadbent at RL tested my dats on his car and had no problems with them whatsoever.

That implies, to me, that the unit is knacked. So, second unit connected to same wiring. I can't seem to move on from the wiring idea over some 'bug'.

Yeah, but first, check this quote from RL.

"As per your request to look at your installation. To be honest, the fact

that you have sent me a file with a perfect RPM trace and cuts being

made, albeit when you don't want them to, indicates that the system is

working perfectly well. We just have to ascertain why the launch rev

limit appears to be coming in even when you haven't armed it."

So, it's working perfecty well except it isn't. Anyone else read that the same way?

RedM I wasn`t just talking about your situation, earlier in the thread someone said they`d had matt harwood install a RLTC and for 2 years no probs and its still fine, their firmware is probally older than ours as we`ve just bought the latest all singing / dancing version. Its a bit like that new ocean liner that was the best ever but had to return to port due to an engine fault. If I was that person would I want to update my RLTC firmware, if you speak to an IT person they will tell you "there is a risk of permanent damage if the update is interrupted" . Its different to software, your DAT file like mine is fine in theory but the problem may lie somewhere else, maybe firmware, maybe hardware, maybe wiring.

My nephew works for Peugeot and tells me if you install aftermarket Sat-Nav the ECU needs reprogramming, I paid £300 for a Renault Laguna Plip Key and a new ignition barrel lock from Renault as there is no alternative. I got a Toyota Supra key copied for £4 from a local locksmith.

Experts are just the same as us sometimes, the people who sorted our Renault out were honest and said there were a number of common faults and tried 2 out of the 3 before it was fixed.

Sometimes its better to wait until the "Initial Eager Victims" of firmware updates, do the R + D for the provider of the firmware update.

I have a Mac running Tiger so I can vouch for the R + D thing, its a million miles better than XP (wait for more Windows / Mac reactions) !

Sometimes its better, sometimes its worse, "However if you don`t move forward then you will get extinct" where`s my T Rex !

:D :p

I think there is some confusion between hard cut and hard rev limit.

Hard cut is activated at the % figure set by the user or dat and usually come into play in enthusiastic driving in the wet.

If the car stalls on hard cut there is something seriouslt wrong, hard cut cuts everyother injector pulse so reduces power by 50%.

Hard rev limit is intoduced when the rev limit is activated in the example shown below. This cuts all injectors in the cycle.

I wounder if the Digi adjuster is also triggering the shift rev limit function and using a lower cut%, in addition to the activation of launch.

RLTC slip settings.JPG