The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tinted windows anyone?

captainchaos

Guest gzaerojon

mine came with tints

i hate them... cant see anything at night, have to roll the windows down when i reverse :( i would remove them but it's gonna leave a right mess

few other pics

Car is looking sweet m8 think the tints look well on it. I was thinking of doing the same but i was thinking of doing the half silver and half black but thought it might look a little chavy?? would like to see the pics after you have it sprayed with the more blue twist in it:d

mine came with tints

i hate them... cant see anything at night, have to roll the windows down when i reverse :( i would remove them but it's gonna leave a right mess

You would be suprised mate, 1 stanly blade, soapy water and some bug and tar remover :)

I had a nightmare removing the 'tasteful' mirror film from the rear window of my VVTi. It took literally hours of work to get the adhesive shit off. I tried all sorts of different solvents etc. Brake cleaner works the best.

Had an all but windscreen tint of 65% for almost 2 yrs now for a daily driver. Never had a tug for it (I think they only worry if it's a pisstaking tint) although they 'may' get shirty at nightime, so just roll the windows down.

On another note... I've never needed to wear sunglasses since. So is it safer to have a tint on door glass or wear 90% shades while driving that does the windscreen too...? :)