the question asked a million times...

mista weava

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Isnt a supe a bit big for the IOW ?

You could have the front end in the White Mouse car park before the rear wheels were off the Cowes ferry.

Im only jealous....if I could fit the Supe with a keel and Arnesons Id move there and commute.

lol@ all of you!

another question:

do the aerotops come with aircon?

off round europe in august (south of rance, italy, austria, czech rep, germany , belguim, home.)

need aircon at that time of year - only just bareable in the mr2 with out aircon in May. so if not, got to take the noisy 200sx or buy a hard top with aircon. seems a shame not to take a supra if we have one by then, although i am sure the 200sx will do an admirable job.

lol@ all of you!

another question:

do the aerotops come with aircon?

off round europe in august (south of rance, italy, austria, czech rep, germany , belguim, home.)

need aircon at that time of year - only just bareable in the mr2 with out aircon in May. so if not, got to take the noisy 200sx or buy a hard top with aircon. seems a shame not to take a supra if we have one by then, although i am sure the 200sx will do an admirable job.

mine has air con newly gased and fully working:d

Guest Flat4_ire
yeah but if you KNOW that then its not a valid arguement is it mate?

it is cos i still would class the toyota supra 3litre in the "cheap car to run" category!!!

You mentioned getting an aerotop but also said she might prefer the manual.

Unfortunately the RHD aerotops are all autos. (N/A or TT)

My missus had an N/A aerotop and loved it. She eventually got fed up with the lack of power as she regularly drove my TT hardtop and now has her own TT. (And she still craves more power, but she's daft like that!)

Her N/A aerotop lead to me getting a TT aerotop but these are a little harder to find.

The TT will take a little more commitment to get the best from it and MUST be treated with a healthy amount of respect, especially in the wet.

I would go for the NA (First time I've said that!) as there's not much point having a TT on the shitty IoW roads.

Supras are great for covering long distances at high speed, you can't do either of those over there :D

Yeah, get her an NA for posing about in. A tt would be waste.

how long have you had it mate?

I'll be honest, it took me a good few months to learn to properly drive the NA. Now, ask any TT driver who has followed me (paul e, supra tt myster....), they don't hang about when driven properly

Ony read to this post so apologies if Im repeating stuff, but its well known the NA's can be as quick as a TT until 3rd gear, it still amazes me even know, but only the other week I was behind Cainhead and it aint till 3rd gear the TT really starts to make use of that boost, dispite all the action in 1st and 2nd, I dont get it personally, I would have still thought 1st and 2nd with 1.2bar would be quicker then a NA through the first couple of gears.........maybe its down to weight and gear ratios ??

Ony read to this post so apologies if Im repeating stuff, but its well known the NA's can be as quick as a TT until 3rd gear, it still amazes me even know, but only the other week I was behind Cainhead and it aint till 3rd gear the TT really starts to make use of that boost, dispite all the action in 1st and 2nd, I dont get it personally, I would have still thought 1st and 2nd with 1.2bar would be quicker then a NA through the first couple of gears.........maybe its down to weight and gear ratios ??

gear ratios all the way mate, even so you can hold your own in third in my opinion. So obviously not in a straight line but on 2 seperate occaisions I had emin (TT Supra) and Paul E (R33 GTR V-Spec LM) follow me from leeds to york (via harrogate with paul), went the back ways (twisties and straights) and both were very impressed with the speed attainable. Paul even questioned the engine internals as he thought I was winding him up that it was stock (still had both CAT's in as well).

Good tyres, good suspension, well kept engine and you can do yourself proud.

imho