The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Likwidart supra and toyota logos

lovatt

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fitted the supra badge but having real problems getting the toyota logo residue off. Have tried stuff similar to T CUT for about 45 mins but it wont come off!! Only need to get the top line off as this is what shows when the new badge is on. Even tried some lethal residue remover!!? HELLPP?

They seem to stick well on the standard glue, just make sure you hold it down nicely for a couple of minutes. Looks like the mark under the old badge wont come off its not just residue. Am I right in thinking theres only 1 size silver badge Lovatt was supplying?? Its slightly bigger than the original?

what have people used to fix the new badges on, is the backing sticky enough to keep the badges permanently in place or do I need to use a spot of evo stick or super glue?

Dave

Rob (Likwidart) never uses glue. He simply prepares the surface, usually with lighter fluid and then simply presses the designn firmly onto the surface.

Mine have been on over a years now, gone through powerful jetwashes and no problems mate.

If you use glue you will have a job moving them if you ever need to..

Did you not get any instructions on how to fit them. If not, simply use masking tape to cover the front surface (the part that will be uppermost after they are on the car), remove the backing paper, offer it up to the correct position on the car where you want it, then press all around the logo/badge until it is firmly afixed. Then peel off the masking tape..

• 2 months later...