The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Spoiler or not to spoiler

Guest purkin69

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:) Controversial subject. Personally I like the Supe be-winged or not...Paul Es car looks decidedly mean without one as an example. I like the Veilside on a fully kitted car, and I particularly like the little lip spoilers on the hatch aft edge. Ive got a TRD Type R, which, as the only bit of body kit on the car stands out like a sore thumb. Rare but unpopular.....thats why Ive kept it.

Why not take it off for a few days and see if you prefer the look or not...looking at your own car is far better than looking at pictures.

Oh, and if you intend driving around fast enough for the rear wing to be effective, please avoid Wimborne, Ive got cats:)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest purkin69

What's the fading on the paint work like when you remove the spoiler? Is there a massive difference? My mate has a red MR2 and the colour fade is horrible...

The Soop i'm looking at is a darker red than his but I guess it still fades?

The problem I have with the original is that there are soooo many chav's with them superglued to the back of their chavaliers, was talking to one guy when at the jet was who had one on a mondao and he was trying to argue the toss that his was orignal and that it was an extra by ford! I just smiled and nodded and pointed out his car has around 110bhp and wont cause any downforce and mine has 220bhp and will cause the downforce

Stock Wing, or TRD/RMM.

Wingless dosent look as good, and they say at higher speed its harder to keep the backside of the car stable....

I have been high speeds (160+) with no wing and have no problem with stability. I think it's all a matter of aesthetics, and the low, ground-hugging, slippery look of a spoiler-less supra does it for me every time

hi have a spare rea hatch i was going to butcher up and chop to bits and replace glass with plastic screen.the rear spoiler is so light.but a full hatch is ball busting heavy lol.i like look without spoiler.

Rear hatch full weight with everything 26.4 KG or 58.5 LBS

Rear Spoiler 3.0 KG or 6.5 LBS

ps that white supra above looks great with no badges or spoiler.was it much of a job to fill holes.any better pics.

Guest purkin69

Nice Rear on that white soop :) Which bodykit is that? it's the nicest rear kit i think i've seen yet... imho

is it a wide kit? the arches look really wide...