The mkiv Supra Owners Club

anyone running 255's with 10" rears

wkdtime

IMO I think that looks cack. The stretched tyre look does not do it for me at all. It is bad enough trying to save your wheels from getting curbed with normal size tyres. I would be even more worried doing parallel parking with a tyre/wheel combo such as that. At least with a normal sized tyre for a 10" wheel (Which I consider to be a 265) you have a tiny bit of protection if you buy the right tyre...

To each his own though... If thats what you want then go for it. :)

Dont see how that can be, I have the widest option available on my 10" rear, 285, and my RH rims will still scuff when parrel parking, so I wouldnt personally be bothered if the rubber was indented even further..........

Depends what you're after, safety wise you should be fine, ask over on Driftworks and they'll tell you to go wider wheels or narrower tyres, and I don't think there are many people who give wheels and tyres more abuse! :D

Hers a pic of Brooksie's 18x10 with 235 tyres on:

[qimg]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v348/rx7dizzy2002/10jpic01.jpg[/qimg]

Alex B

Alex, what tyre brand is that.........looks like a Falcon........

Dont see how that can be, I have the widest option available on my 10" rear, 285, and my RH rims will still scuff when parrel parking, so I wouldnt personally be bothered if the rubber was indented even further..........

What tyres are you using ?

Guest Alex B
Alex, what tyre brand is that.........looks like a Falcon........

I'd like to point out these wheels are nothing at all to do with me, just some I saw advertised on Driftworks. The tyres are Yokohama AVID S306 apparently.

IMO I think that looks cack. The stretched tyre look does not do it for me at all. It is bad enough trying to save your wheels from getting curbed with normal size tyres. I would be even more worried doing parallel parking with a tyre/wheel combo such as that. At least with a normal sized tyre for a 10" wheel (Which I consider to be a 265) you have a tiny bit of protection if you buy the right tyre...

To each his own though... If thats what you want then go for it.

The stretched look isn't to everyones taste, I like it to a point, but some people go really extreme and it looks odd. I've heard that stretched tyres are better for drifting as teh slide is more progressive, which when you think of sidewall flex it sounds possible.

I don't think drifters tend to care too much about kerbing their wheels either! ;)

I've got 255 TOYO T1R's on 9.5" wheels and I think its about perfect for a road car. Remember though that all different makes of tyres come up different widths, cheap tyres tend to come up a bit wider than proper branded tyres, Falkens also come up very narrow, (or at least the 451's we had did, had to change them as they looked wrong).

Alex B