The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Does "looks" make your car more of a crime target ?

Clarkey

Does "look" enhancing mods make the Supra more of a target for car crime ?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Does "look" enhancing mods make the Supra more of a target for car crime ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Stock looks -or- Aftermarket looks. It doesn't matter.

I ain't posh nor rich. Just prefer to live in an area to far from town for students to move into, too expensive for scumbags to move into and quite enough for me to get some sleep. Which I didn't get for about a year.

not getting at you mate just trying to show that the list of motors and the reason no one looks at your supe doesn't exactly make up the kind of cars on your average street, i think Clarkey may be nearer to the mondeo, rover street than yours lol thats why he's asking the question

Clarkey may be nearer to the mondeo, rover street than

yours lol thats why he's asking the question

Exactamundo! Though there is a BMW 7 Series .. sporty thing. Sloped bonnet. Pop-up head lights. And funny enough - the owner doesn't seem your average BMW twat type - he actually indicates!

But mostly - your average run of the mill stuff. Got a wanky, Rover 75 - which was red - but is now fading to the same colour as my door handles. ;)

i say go for it Clarkey, if your planning mods do it, if the little darlings are that way out they will damage your car whether its stock or modded

Guess abit worried - as I'm not the most popular person in my street. Had a complaint about the noise - the first day I got the keys to my flat!

It didn't take the feckers long ;)

As you say tho, it may not matter. But first things first, need to sort my ECU management side.

Paul, did you buy yourself a BL exhaust in the end ?

no i chickened out lol, i get black looks with a drager, ide probably get linched with the BL, maybe one day

Ah! Though, just to shut my neighbours up .. getting a baffle for it. I may like the noise ... but they don't. And I can't be doing with having the entire street ... signing a petition to have an ASBO raised against me ;)