The mkiv Supra Owners Club

5 laptops for sale - open to offers

michael

Do any of them actually do anything other than switch on? Or are they all pants?

They all work, they aren't amazingly quick but with the right operating system (not XP for example) they will all do a fair attempt at being laptops.

If you can get on the net with them and run Office I'd be happy!!

Over the years they have all been used to run Office and access the internet, the Dell was my workhorse machine for a year or so before I finally gave in and swapped to a desktop.

I'll give you a 3" diameter rubber band ball, a broken set-square, a floppy disc that I don't know what's on it, and £20 for shipping.

Sadly I have a rubber band ball of similar size and no need for a broken set square - the disc is tempting though.... maybe it contains something I can use to make millions.....

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's frowned upon (but so was masturbation once upon a time) but I'm claiming

FIRST F**KING DIBBS

on any laptop with a serial port and USB.

Martin - I think that's pretty much all of them apart from the Toshiba T2130CT/520 which doesn't have USB.

Role play time:

You are a salesman and I'm a new customer. You want to impress me with your best product. Which one of the five would you try to sell me?

..and then I'll buy it. 5 litre bottle of Toyota 4life coolant (unopened), some cash and beer. Hows that?

I'd probably pimp the Dell Inspiron 3500 - it's not as fast or sexy as the T20 but that one has more 'issues' (that could be easy fixes) - the Dell offers a complete package.

One thing I didn't mention is that all the machines will be flattened prior to collection / shipping - I'm not planning to provide any with an operating system.

One thing I didn't mention is that all the machines will be flattened prior to collection / shipping - I'm not planning to provide any with an operating system.

I should be able to provide a copy of an OS on CD though.

Zoe wants one, needs to be a pretty good screen but don't want to risk having dodgy PSUs and stuff!

Maybe the Tosh Satellite? She said £40 if you send it to us. :D

If you are happy with that I'm happy, it'll cost a bit to post no doubt but I should be left with some beer money :)

You have a deal, I'm in a bargain mood.

;)

If you are happy with that I'm happy, it'll cost a bit to post no doubt but I should be left with some beer money :)

You have a deal, I'm in a bargain mood.

;)

Cool! :thumbs: If you could find out about postage and PM me or summat - we'll get something arranged. :D

Michael, a mate wants a basic one for using as a word processor, at meetings to type notes up as he goes, basic will do, any idea's. Will collect at Squires.

The Compaq Armada 7800 would probably do the trick - the power thing is probably an easy fix.

Make me a silly offer and it's yours :)

The Compaq Armada 7800 would probably do the trick - the power thing is probably an easy fix.

Make me a silly offer and it's yours :)

I could slap RedM just for the sake of it.... Or supply a bottle of Jagermeister, that'll get anybody silly.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.