The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I hate my Supra! its cursed! seriously!

osso

OMG!! just phoned RAC again and spoke to another operator and told them what the problem was and that my car needs to be transported over to folkstone.. and the reply "not a problem sir a RAC approved contract transport vehicle will be with me in 60 minutes"

I'm glad i didnt tell him i phoned 30 minutes ago! and I told the second operator exactly what i told the first one, only this time i got a result! :conf:

Originally posted by osso

Paul E - are you saying you wont get any farting noise or hissing because there's no boost? would you normally expect serious miss fire when you have a massive air leak from a disconnected 4" hose?(

My intercooler ducting has blown apart three times and each time the car still ran perfectly apart from there being zero boost. The first time it did it I was really worried but PaulE told me exactly where to look and he was right. So it's obviously a weak spot.

The problem has been found, it turned out to be one knackered spark plug which didnt have a gap! the spark gap has completely closed up :eek: apparently my spark plugs were none standard and had twin electrodes.. no idea why one of the plugs have closed up.. they've done a compression test and the engine seems to be fine.

The problem has been found, it turned out to be one knackered spark plug which didnt have a gap! the spark gap has completely closed up :eek: apparently my spark plugs were none standard and had twin electrodes.. no idea why one of the plugs have closed up.. they've done a compression test and the engine seems to be fine.

Plugs sometimes close up when bits of engine hit them....:eek: :(

I really hope this isn't the case.

Hopefully the compression test means theres not a problem.

you're good at cheering people up! :twak: :p

LMFAO

Yeah closed plugs usually mean that the engine is suffering from chronic widget failure and must be given away to tall dark Gemini's whose name begins with P

Presently all my female 'aquaintances' seem preoccupied by star signs - whats all that crap about?

(funny enough - and on a separate subject - thats what my ex wife was told by a fortune teller.

...Shame I didnt visit one to be told I would marry a blood sucking bitch-leech!):p