The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Top Gear

cg084

Originally posted by Scooter

Snow in a supra is a nightmare, any sort of incline and it just won't play ball.

You need to get yourself in that car park in the wet, or on a large wide roundabout late one night. Enter the roundabout at normal driving speed but in say 2nd at 3-4000 rpm (ok/necessary for an NA) and give it some stick to get the back to drift out. Just come off the power very early at first until you get used to the back losing traction and the level of counter steering to compensate.

Keep the entry speeds low and this is very safe on a DESERTED area of tarmac and IMO will help you react naturally when it happens unexpectedly.

Slightly off topic now but....i can honestly say ive got absolutely no idea what youre talking about :D

Ive had several rearwheeldrive cars before....all boring family cars mind you...but rearwheeldrive none the less ;-)

I use my stock Supra TT (auto) as a daily driver...and i must say its brilliant WITH real good wintertires...not those 'made-for-german-autobahns-with-max-340kmh"-tires....but REAL wintertires... ;-)

In the wintertime...when on small roads, and at junctions etc...i usually turn the TRAC off...its easier to control it that way...and you get to learn to know the car easier this way ;-)

This is my second winter in the supra...and this time around...knowing the car a little bit better...its SOOO much more fun! ;-)

@lpher

@lpher, we don't know what a real winter is, over here snow is not the regular occurance that i assume it is in Norway. The whole country grinds to a halt if we get a few inches of settled snow.

last year was the first time in a while that we had some serious snow and at its worst i got less than 100yards up the road before hitting about a 1 in 20 gradient and was left wheelspinning away until I was kindly turned around by a couple of school kids:D

Originally posted by Scooter

@lpher, we don't know what a real winter is, over here snow is not the regular occurance that i assume it is in Norway. The whole country grinds to a halt if we get a few inches of settled snow.

last year was the first time in a while that we had some serious snow and at its worst i got less than 100yards up the road before hitting about a 1 in 20 gradient and was left wheelspinning away until I was kindly turned around by a couple of school kids:D

LOL....yeah...i kinda forgot about the fact that im a wee bit further north than you guys.... ;-)

I do see your point...the supra does not handle all that well in REAL snowy conditions with summertires...or even those beforementioned autobahn-only wintertires ;-)

Than again...few cars do.. ;-)

You guys should come over here some time....and REALLY put the Supra to the test..and in these conditions its REAL easy to tell how well balanced the car is ;-)

@lpher