The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rain ????

NeoFuture

Excuses excuses.

Urban myth.

It doesn't do that if you exercise a little throttle control.

I gotta agree there. It never fuckin changes when you don't expect it. You've got to push down to make it change, and even then you have time to lift off just before the power comes in.

When it's raining, the whole world is a skidpan. I love nothing more than bald tyres in the wet. I have chilled out a bit lately, but when I had 19s on the car, and they were bald, I loved doing silly oversteer out of bends.

is if I've just polished it. (Rare occurance)

Im glad you put that in brackets at the end then........ ;)

And you didnt answer my question yesterday, its bugging me as i cant remember, what was your board name before Jake, Dunk357 or something wasnt it....... :search:

Wish I could agree with you there but my first Supra which was a NA ended up in the scrap yard in the sky. Worth remembering NA's dont have Slip control where as TT's do :)

How can you disagree with that?

All I said was that the N/A's have "a more linear power delivery and are not quite as likely to 'loose it' in bad conditions".

I didn't say the N/A is unlikely to loose it, just less likely than a TT.

i.e. both still have the potential to have some fairly serious traction issues in the wet.

I think that's a fair comment myself.

Also that the power delivery is more linear in an N/A and should therefore be more predictable, particularly when compared to a BPU TT or greater.

Oh - and the stock traction control is not much help at all - it's rubbish!

And as for the Smart car - which wheels are the driven ones on a Smart?

Excuses excuses.

Urban myth.

It doesn't do that if you exercise a little throttle control.

Didn't somebody recently stack theirs due to this? Like IanK's unfortunate incident http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=58055&highlight=write

I gotta agree there. It never fuckin changes when you don't expect it. You've got to push down to make it change, and even then you have time to lift off just before the power comes in.

When it's raining, the whole world is a skidpan. I love nothing more than bald tyres in the wet. I have chilled out a bit lately, but when I had 19s on the car, and they were bald, I loved doing silly oversteer out of bends.

I've been in an auto where it's shifted down and the back kicked out, wasn't a problem at the time. I've never drive the auto so don't be shouting at me mate, just going off a few people who have spun theirs when being caught out.

I've been in an auto where it's shifted down and the back kicked out, wasn't a problem at the time. I've never drive the auto so don't be shouting at me mate, just going off a few people who have spun theirs when being caught out.

me too.. well, actually, I pulled it down into second, BUT, I was pressing on fairly hard, round a gradual bend. Wrote off the LHS of my car remember! ;)

All I'm saying is that it doesn't 'just happen' by itself. You've got to be pressing down fairly substantially and I think it's one of the things you learn about the car - don't be trying to accelerate fast on gradual bends unless you're prepared for it.

Use the supra all you like for an excuse but you should know how to drive your car before hooning around in it regardless of weather conditions.

Auto's have kickdowns, twins savagely kick in on the torgue by 4k is this something new?!:shrug:

Drive it, love it but most of all Respect it! It has none for you.

I think driving it in the wet is great fun, just be careful.

The only things I hate about weather conditions is getting the Supra dirty.:p

Dry days are the best though :D