The mkiv Supra Owners Club

This time i can insure my supra

jazz1

Jazz

I may have seemed a bit harsh, but look at it this way.

Are you willing to face the consequences in the event of the very WORST scenario?

If you aren't willing to face a jail term and/or lifelong compensation payments to any injured party, then you can't even consider doing it the way you stated.

The fact that you came on here and asked questions shows you at least have a modicum of common sense. Perhaps your mistake was to imply that you would take a chance and do it "on the cheap."

Don't do it matey, it isn't worth it, the whole rest of your life is at stake here........

Good on you for going for it properly. big old cars and im sure you have heard to stories of crashing them on day 1. Did you declare all your mods to lancasters?? I think i may have a word with them. what are they like for single's at 21?

lol guys i have to say im definatly geting my 10 pounds worth, anyways you guys are right besides things like this need consideration and once my kit is on i believing its gona with points cost me 2k which is ok and affordable in the next couple of months while then i guess i can wait:), but thanks guys for the advice, if i didnt get advice id probably would of insured the car:d

Good on you for going for it properly. big old cars and im sure you have heard to stories of crashing them on day 1. Did you declare all your mods to lancasters?? I think i may have a word with them. what are they like for single's at 21?

hey mate trust me these guys are bloody cheap they quoted me 1900 at first and then i said im doing less mileage on the car a year and they quoted me 1400, compared to others they were above 3k

Sonic mate, ive just fitted the OEM Bodykit. Active spoiler, Skirts and Spats.. I wasnt gonna declare them as they are factory options.. surely they wouldnt complain all being OEM parts?

(Sorry for the little hijack :) )

i have an oem kit and havent had to declare it :)

yeah, if your 'down grading' to standard kit (or adding stuff that was optional), I don't think they would care... but if you car gets towed in with a cf trd bonnet or something I'm sure they would want a word... :)

Jazz

It's $hits like you that cost the rest of us..

What happens (god forbid) if you run down some mother's 5-year old child?...

Your insurance company won't want to know you, you'll never earn enough in your life to compensate her and you'll do time............

Moron.......

WTF, he's only asking, just a quote, im sure he'll re-think it, damn give the guy a break, theres a sensible way of saying what you did and a stupid way, no prize for guessing which method you use!

WTF, he's only asking, just a quote, im sure he'll re-think it, damn give the guy a break, theres a sensible way of saying what you did and a stupid way, no prize for guessing which method you use!

I thought I already did on my next post?.............

Sensible way of saying it?...like the sensible way he said he was going to insure his car, whih incidentally, due to other people doing similar things over the years, means the insurance companies have excuses for making us all pay through the nose...give him a break?..

Give me a break....:rolleyes:

I thought I already did on my next post?.............

Sensible way of saying it?...like the sensible way he said he was going to insure his car, whih incidentally, due to other people doing similar things over the years, means the insurance companies have excuses for making us all pay through the nose...give him a break?..

Give me a break....:rolleyes:

He posted that up here on the forum and if he WAS going for it he would have gone for that quote by now, but clearly hes thought better and realised what he was doing thanks to some solid advice from some members and is now doing it the propper way, i would understand your outrage if he came online and said "sod it, im getting it insured like that anyway".

He posted that up here on the forum and if he WAS going for it he would have gone for that quote by now, but clearly hes thought better and realised what he was doing thanks to some solid advice from some members and is now doing it the propper way, i would understand your outrage if he came online and said "sod it, im getting it insured like that anyway".

Suggest you re-read the thread properly and see when I made my original statement. Jazz had just stated he was going to do it "that" way...

He has "thought better" since we had a go at him..doh...:rolleyes:

Jazz,

Glad to see you've seen the light once again. You have to be very careful with insurance companies, they are very sly. You will take out a policy with them, and you'll think, I won't tell them about my aftermarket bumper, I'll just tell them I thought it was standard as it came with the car. Well, unfortunately, they won't give a toss about your bumper until you prang it. Then they will go over the car with a fine tooth comb and anything that is not factory fitted makes the car instantly modified and therefore uninsured. That way, they've got your money for the policy, they have no legal obligation to cover you and they will not pay out any claims. You can't rely on your defence of saying "I thought it came standard with the car", as ignorance of the law is no defence.