The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Craig's Written His Off

Dragonball

Originally posted by u_ali2

Bad news, hope all goes well for u!

Darren, Yes it had a small hit on the front wing, but it was nothing big, got sorted in a few days.....;) .........but it did do a 720 degrees turn, ad we was facing the wrong side of the road............ :eek: :( ..... now im totally scard of the car...... :eek2:

You never know, when its just gonna snap at ya like that.... kinda puts you off!

Get it down to a trackday and learn about the car in safety.

:thumbs:

Originally posted by u_ali2

Bad news, hope all goes well for u!

Darren, Yes it had a small hit on the front wing, but it was nothing big, got sorted in a few days.....;) .........but it did do a 720 degrees turn, ad we was facing the wrong side of the road............ :eek: :( ..... now im totally scard of the car...... :eek2:

You never know, when its just gonna snap at ya like that.... kinda puts you off!

U_ali

Glad it was nothing serious! Was it the extra power after Leon worked his magic?!

Originally posted by u_ali

Darren,cheers!

Yeah that same old" No.2 came online during mid-bend coming off a roundabout" move..... :innocent: :D

U getting hybrids aswell aren't ya?? :D

Yeah certainly am!:eek:

Did your car seem noticibly different/better/quicker after the hybrids? Details please!!

Guest Usmann A

Darren, from what me dad tells me, it has a lot more grunt at mid range, and can hold it in the upper rev range also.

The kick from 2nd turbo is kinda devastating.... straightline perfromance is kinda astonishing, and the sound.... well a fully decatted hiper from turbo back is amazing.

It going on the rollers in january at Gforce, Leon guaranteed a 500 brake motor, only the rollers will tell.(He knows his stuff, and I belive him)

Although, a big problem is traction.... it just whipers from side to side on WOT in the dry..... pretty scary....

It all depends on yer budget ovbioulsy, but maybe we should have waited and gone single(more scope).... but this is more than enough for any sane person,

Darren, good luck with it, and let us know how you get on.....:D

Thanks for the reply!

I'm will be running simular spec's to you so its exciting to hear some feedback! I'm glad to hear its not all top end and has some mid range grunt! I am also planning revisiting G Force. Glad I got RLTC already!

My cars auto and I wanted a 500-550bhp road weapon if the hybrid route doesn't work out I will have to sit down and think about singles too and manual v auto!!

Re the sound: Leon said to expect even more noise with the new turbos! Glad you wasn't disapointed:)

Darren

Originally posted by Steve Cargill

Darren, I've got Leon's stage 3 hybrids. I feel that there is quite a bit more lag (no timings etc, just feel) - the time they take to build boost at 2-3000RPM. When no.2 comes in, that is SOOOOOO much stronger than before.

More lag:( Must admit I was expecting this due to the bigger compressor wheels and steel internals. Just dont want too much.

No2 sooooo much stronger:cool: Faster faster faster:D

Cheers for the info Steve...

Mine being dyno'ed this Friday - so we can see what kind of figured we get from the Miami-Rice stage 3 hybrids!

Even my first drive gave me a 'Feeeeeeeeeeck!' as the second turbo came on!

Chris - apparently the lag shouldn't be far off the lardy old UK specs!

Mind you - why not get a nice Torque converter from us - that'll cure it!:thumbs:

Chris - apparently the lag shouldn't be far off the lardy old UK specs!

Paul are you talking to me?!! My names Darren!:p

Briefly what does the torque converter actually do ive been told I need one...?:stupid:

Good luck on the dyno Friday..Hope to get mine back soon, feels like someones cut my arm off!! :eek:

Guest hooper2

Hi all, Craig here atlast - thanks for all your kind comments following my encounter with a lamp post - my user ID (Hooper) wont let me post so I had to create a new account.

Found my replacement Supra, so Gaz, if you want the Lexus rims make me an offer!!

Will place all the odds and sods in the for sale/wanted.

Have a nice lary blue flarred arch Twin sitting waiting to be registered and collected

Thanks again

Craig