The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1994 Black 6 Speed TT 63K Miles

Tom

Ah, didnt study it enough :) Top red one is torque I guess?

Yep thats the one,

tbh though the first time I looked I didnt know what the hell was going on as I had expected to see 4 lines or just 2!:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No new emails or enquires at the weekend, I honestly thought I'd have more interest, black, manual, good mileage, nice mods, but nope!

What's up with that? :confused:

any comments welcome......

Possible reasons for it not selling quickly may include:

1. price of petrol at moment £1.00 + a litre having an impact on all high performance cars

2. advertising on here only limiting potential pool of buyers - try pistonheads for free.

3. smaller jspec brakes might put people off.

4. you highlight the flawed paint but don't provide pictures to illustrate.

Good luck with selling but you might have to drop your asking price. Take a deep breath then use the price of similar cars that have actually sold on ebay as your absolute bottom line.

I had the same thing with my aerotop mate. Stupid thing is people will pay through the teeth for cars via an importer and wait months for them but won't pay sensible money for cars that are already here. Also like the man says only advertising in here does cut down your potential sales area. Lets face it the absolute majority of people in here already have a supra so you are gonna find it difficult to sell to one of them :) London area autotrader or top marques might pull in some interest. Ebay is a cheap way of advertising but seems to me theres only a bunch of pr*cks on there at the mo.

Thanks for the notes, the paint one is a little difficult, I'm polisihing it up real good though soon as I've been told that's all it needs!

I've actually posted on a few forums, I'll try pistonheads later too.:)

Tom.

Ujcc have a wide base of car types, just the web based trader, freeads.net, adtrader.co.uk, exchange and mart site web only, and a decent ebay ad. One thing I've found is excessive honesty isn't always the best policy. A minor niggle that you personally think needs pointing out is more than likely something a prospective buyer will just ignore or accept if they looked at the car, however they might not take the time to look if there is any negative comments in your ad.

yea i mean the general view is that you will be able to buy cheaper if you import yourself. to an extent that may be true. but its worth pointing out the risks of doing so, which from personal experience are:

1. even though the auction report said I had 50% tread on all 4 corners, the front 2 were unevenly worn so I spent £250 on rubber and £100 on 4-point wheel alignment

2. the bodykit smashed on the boat ramps = £300

3. the suspension need replacing for UK roads = £400

etc etc

4. + u cant hear the engine idle on an auction report!

5. its been serviced over here whereas buying direct you have no idea of Service History

Having done it - if I was looking to import, I would only do it on unmodded cars. I would buy a restyled and modded car if I could see it in the UK however.

Cheers,

D

Ok, I really need to get out of this country fast so I'm reducing the price to 9k NO OFFERS!, this is the lowest I will go to, the car needs to be gone very soon as I don't want to have to renew my insurance on it.

yea i mean the general view is that you will be able to buy cheaper if you import yourself. to an extent that may be true. but its worth pointing out the risks of doing so, which from personal experience are:

1. even though the auction report said I had 50% tread on all 4 corners, the front 2 were unevenly worn so I spent £250 on rubber and £100 on 4-point wheel alignment

2. the bodykit smashed on the boat ramps = £300

3. the suspension need replacing for UK roads = £400

etc etc

4. + u cant hear the engine idle on an auction report!

5. its been serviced over here whereas buying direct you have no idea of Service History

Having done it - if I was looking to import, I would only do it on unmodded cars. I would buy a restyled and modded car if I could see it in the UK however.

Cheers,

D

yeh that,

1. needed new front tyres £250

2. bumper damaged on boat £150 repair

3. suspension seized. £1k

hijack yes lol,

at 9k, what a car.

Oh no Tom i can't believe your selling your car!!

Admittedly i was a little jealous after spending £11.5k on my '96 Pre facelift Auto from a dealer and then shortly after seeing the Manual you managed to pick-up at such a good price.

I really can't believe noones snapped it up yet, at such a good price too, i don't think you should have to go any lower than £9k.

Maybe lack of interest is cos most people already have one on this site, Autotrader can be a nighmare for selling your motor as most calls you get are either people asking you for money who reckon they can sell your car or timewasters who just want a joyride.

Don't sell it!!

Keep it till you get back from travelling again, i'll buy it off you in a year or so!

;)

9K?!!!

I do not know why someone hasnt snapped your hand off. If mine wasnt in for the NA-T I would of sold mine and bought yours as it is almost identical other than the tubbies.

Good luck with the sale mate, someone will get a steal.

Gaz

Yeah I know, It wasn't planned to drop it to that price but I was having such a bad day at work that I knew the only way I'd get out quick is if I sold the car much cheaper!

I'd be biting my hand off at that price! I just can't believe it hasnt gone, not even a viewing yet although a few are planned next week, btw for the people interested it's going in for an oil change next Tuesday @ Phoenix :)

Guest Flat4_ire
Yeah I know, It wasn't planned to drop it to that price but I was having such a shit day at work that I knew the only way I'd get out quick is if I sold the car much cheaper!

I'd be biting my hand off at that price! I just can't believe it hasnt gone, not even a viewing yet although a few are planned next week, btw for the people interested it's going in for an oil change next Tuesday @ Phoenix :)

give me a shout if u still have her next month, might be able to check her out

Guest Flat4_ire

lol, dude, if u want the car to go then just throw it in for 8500 and see what kind of response u get, dont say things like "the car has to go!" and then say "im not taking less than 9k!!!", it either has to go, or it doesnt has to go ;)

Hello matey i want to buy your motor. It's sweet as a nut, just what i've been looking for. Lets arrange a viewing asap. It's me Andy from Cheshire. I have sorted my finances today and am ready to buy as she is my dream motor in my FAVE colour ;) Give us a ring: mawby - Remove and sent via PM to seller

Guest Flat4_ire
Hello matey i want to buy your motor. It's sweet as a nut, just what i've been looking for. Lets arrange a viewing asap. It's me Andy from Cheshire. I have sorted my finances today and am ready to buy as she is my dream motor in my FAVE colour ;)

talk about your lucky day tom! ;)

Guest Flat4_ire
maybe PM him instead of posting you phone number on a public forum..? ;)

was just thinking that, madman

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.