The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My drag race!!!What happened......

randy

Originally posted by dude

'if a big power car is getting 14.5 second 1/4 why go big power when you can do better on stock turbos?'

Its obvious Mark .... it was tuned in the UK , i reckon if he threw another £10,000 at it he'd easy get in the 15's

:sly:

Dude:flame Dev

LMAO makes you laugh dont it. the supra should be in 11`s and 10`s its too good a car to be in 14`s

even tuned astra turbos do it in high 13`s low 14`s with FWD

lets hope for good things this next year

Originally posted by MONKEYmark

what trap speeds were you both getting?

seems a few big power cars struggle with bad traction. and the 51r is an old laggy turbo, big power but laggy. if a big power car is getting 14.5 second 1/4 why go big power when you can do better on stock turbos?

if i spent all that money going single to run 14.5 think the car would burn car at strip.

randy did you get any drag radials?

My trap speed was about 195 km pretty high I think. I could not get a hold of the BF Goodrich Drag Radials as they are made only in the U.S and I would need to import them paying 410 pounds per tire:eek: in 315/30/18 Should get them for the next drag meet...:)

I certainly think something is wrong with his car....cause he should have got a real kick everytime boost hits with a T51R... even at 1.4 bar and should have been putting down at least 500+rwhp. He also had a raised rev limit to 8000.:)

Originally posted by randy

Temp was about 25 degrees C and humidity was about 70%. We are also 1200 ft above sea level.

OOPS!!! Big correction here Bangalore is actually 1100+meters above sea level which is about 3000 ft..

Would this height affect the performance and to what extent?:)

Originally posted by Bobbeh

Yeah, better at lower altitude as you want MORE air forced in.

Couldn't agree more. Trust me I'm an engineer!!:)

basically the density of air at sea level is approx. 1.226Kg/m3, at 1200m the air density drops to 1.045Kg/m3:eek:

This means for every cubic metre of air intake you have you will get 1.226Kg of air at sea level and 1.045Kg of air at 1200m.

This is a signifigant decrease in air andwould explain your slow trap times Randy.

If someone tells me the size of the air inlet I will work out the difference in mass airflow:)

Originally posted by Supra Pilot

Wrong!

Yes, both work best at lowest possible altitudes, the reason powerful jets fly so high is not for engine efficiency, but to cool the body adequately. If you went mach 2 in concorde for example, at 10000 feet, it would probably burn up!

However, maybe you could be a little more helpful in future.

Originally posted by Syed Shah

Yes, both work best at lowest possible altitudes, the reason powerful jets fly so high is not for engine efficiency, but to cool the body adequately. If you went mach 2 in concorde for example, at 10000 feet, it would probably burn up!

However, maybe you could be a little more helpful in future.

Sorry Syed, but your first statement is correct but the rest is not!

I would like to explain, but unfortunatly just came in from work and had enough of Flying objects for today......plus I need to sleep to do it all over again tomorrow!:confused:

Ok feeling bad now. Try below, you may even learn something.

should keep you busy

rgds