The mkiv Supra Owners Club

beat a megane 225 by a hairs-breadth in a N/A auto

cookci

supra is mega stable at speed. The most stable car I've ever been in (and I've been in many) at high speed. If you think otherwise I suggest getting your car checked out properly!

yeah just walk away from the thread lol

seriously, any opinions on RX8 / elise verses N/A?

well, interesting you ask that. lotus carlton being extremly rare and fast, but I can say this. I took a mate out in the supe at bpu levels. He is a biker with a 900rr but a few years ago his old man had a geniune lotus carlton for a while. Anyway his words not mine and this is straight up:

It makes the carlton seem slow

and he thinks it would give the bike a serious run for the money!

I can't comment on the carlton, never driven or been in one, at least he has though and can comment on both with some level of certainty...

carlton vs standard supra, I'd give a slight edge to the carlton though, more powerful

supra is mega stable at speed. The most stable car I've ever been in (and I've been in many) at high speed. If you think otherwise I suggest getting your car checked out properly!

Yeah I would agree its far more stabe than my MR2 was but I still feel unconfortible driving at high speeds I thinks its partly due to inexperience of highspeed driving but I do find the car to become unsettled if it is windy or when passing traffic

well, interesting you ask that. lotus carlton being extremly rare and fast, but I can say this. I took a mate out in the supe at bpu levels. He is a biker with a 900rr but a few years ago his old man had a geniune lotus carlton for a while. Anyway his words not mine and this is straight up:

It makes the carlton seem slow

and he thinks it would give the bike a serious run for the money!

I can't comment on the carlton, never driven or been in one, at least he has though and can comment on both with some level of certainty...

carlton vs standard supra, I'd give a slight edge to the carlton though, more powerful

Layout Longitudinal, front ,rear drive

Capacity 3615cc, six cylinders in line

Bore/stroke 95/85mm

Compression ratio 8.2:1

Head/block Aluminium alloy / cast iron

Valve gear DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder

Ignition & fuel Electronic ignition and fuel injection, Delco management system, two Garrett T25 turbochargers

Max power 377bhp/5200rpm

Max torque 419 lb ft/4200rpm

Specific output 104bhp/litre

Power-to-weight ratio 228bhp per tonne

Gear mph rpm

Top 140 3175

5th 176 5200

4th 143 6500

3rd 110 6500

2nd 80 6500

1st 53 6500

Take offs:

0-30 2.4 31

0-40 3.1 42

0-50 4.1 53

0-60 5.1 65

0-70 6.2 76

0-80 7.8 88

0-90 9.3 98

0-100 11.1 108

0-60 5.1 secs same as stock tt isnt it !! Top speed 140mph !!

Standing quarter mile: 13.5secs at 111mph

Standing km: 24.0secs at 140mph

30-70 through gears: 3.8secs

I overtook a Clio 172 on a short stretch of dual carriageway at WOT, eased off and pulled into the inside lane. A Lotus Carlton went past me like I was standing still. I didn't see it coming, but I doubt I would have got close anyway.

It sounded modded, but i'm running at 1.1bar. My uncle had one brand new, it was very quick - loads of torque.

the civic i beat (we will just say that for now) wasnt from a standing start, it was traveling back to brighton from eastbourne he was behind me all the a27 trying to overtake so i knew the roundabout at lewes he would try lose me. i didnt know what the outcome would be so waited till he was level and tryed to persue, i was full on the go faster pedal and so was he but had to back off 'or would have gone up his arse, this carrys on till the next roundabout where i think we are both stationary maybe he will get me from the off, cut a story short he moves over into the inside lane cursing like a goodun, safe to say i was happy.

not trying to say my cars a super car or anything coz i know its not and know my limitaions for an NA, just cant hide the fact i beat him. i dont know how to explain it to those with stats on paper!

saying that i dont know how standard my car is, it has a few toys like apexi afc etc so not sure if its been tuned a tad

just reading what i wrote i sound like a noob that thinks his cars the best thing on the planet:taped: im not!

around 1 mile straight on private land of course and i came out a cars length ahead. We both accelerated from around 40MPH.

Not sure whether im disappointed or happy as i wanted a megane 225 because i thought they were fast (faster than a focus rs??)

do you think it was badly driven?

a Megane??

Guest chiefvinso

168 bhp per tonne for megane 225 Trophy (approx). But as someone has mentioned no supra can touch any car when it comes to bends - so why buy one in the first place? Prattttt

interesting figures, based on that I'd imagine the carlton to take a standard supra TT but a healthy BPU to take a carlton, how modifiable the carlton is though, I don't know, but you woud imagine a proper modded carlton would require a small/medium sized single turbo supra to dispatch it.

Carlton:

WEIGHT: 3641 lb = 1655kg

TOP SPEED: 175mph

0-60mph: 5.1 secs

power to weight = 377 / 1.655 = 227bhp / tonne - advatage carlton over stock supra

Supra:

weight (6 sp turbo) 1576kg = 3474lbs

Top speed 181mph?

0-60mph, 4.9 or 4.6 depending what you read

power to weight = 320 / 1.576 = 203bhp / tonne

bpu supra

say 400bhp = 400 / 1.576 = 254bhp / tonne - so advatage bpu supra

I'd imagine the supra is more aerodynamic, but that's a guess on my part...

interesting figures, based on that I'd imagine the carlton to take a standard supra TT but a healthy BPU to take a carlton, how modifiable the carlton is though, I don't know, but you woud imagine a proper modded carlton would require a small/medium sized single turbo supra to dispatch it.

Carlton:

WEIGHT: 3641 lb = 1655kg

TOP SPEED: 175mph

0-60mph: 5.1 secs

power to weight = 377 / 1.655 = 227bhp / tonne - advatage carlton over stock supra

Supra:

weight (6 sp turbo) 1576kg = 3474lbs

Top speed 181mph?

0-60mph, 4.9 or 4.6 depending what you read

power to weight = 320 / 1.576 = 203bhp / tonne

bpu supra

say 400bhp = 400 / 1.576 = 254bhp / tonne - so advatage bpu supra

Id most definately expect a BPU to take it aswell !

Probably, specially when its challenging the skyline for the taxi look a like crown ! :)