The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Installing A Fan On My Tranny Coolers

terribleturner

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the th400 box i bought from mig.he threw in a couple of big coolers and both have spal fans and -6 braided oil lines with -10 braided line connecting the 2 coolers.he made some custom undercar mounting brackets.

i was going to go with getting a custom stock auto box extended tranny pan to hold more fluid but for the cost of the custom tranny pan i did not think it would be much use on stock auto box,so got a nos kit instead.

good to see all the custom work people do

the th400 box i bought from mig.he threw in a couple of big coolers and both have spal fans and -6 braided oil lines with -10 braided line connecting the 2 coolers.he made some custom undercar mounting brackets.

i was going to go with getting a custom stock auto box extended tranny pan to hold more fluid but for the cost of the custom tranny pan i did not think it would be much use on stock auto box,so got a nos kit instead.

are you running this bad ass TH400 yet mate ?

IIRC you can use the pan from a Lexus which is bigger/deeper, not sure on the model though.

IIRC you can use the pan from a Lexus which is bigger/deeper, not sure on the model though.

never knew that.i eas going to pay £400 to get a custom alloy pan with baffles made up.thinking back it would have been mad as adding a big turbo it would be only a matter of time before box let go.

what you doing with yours going manual?

Thanks Paul & Mark, good info. I've just bought a Bomex, so plenty of ducts to use.

Mark, do you mean you've got coolers mounted under the car?

That sounds like a good idea to free up space at the front. Have you got pic's?:)

i not got them mounted its what mig was going to do when he had the box fitted to his. will have to take some pics when i get a chance.suppose there is more room to play under car and easy to get to.

never knew that.i eas going to pay £400 to get a custom alloy pan with baffles made up.thinking back it would have been mad as adding a big turbo it would be only a matter of time before box let go.

what you doing with yours going manual?

I have already had it converted mate, just before Christmas. I love it and would only go back to another built box or TH400 if I was going to do the 1/4 seriously.