The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra has broken down! Help.

RedM

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RLTC INSTALL might be the key here. Theres very limited space around the ECU and it has been seen on a number of cars that things get all squashed up in there and the ECU starts getting bad signals. I had a similar thing when I drove out to pick up my brother once, car was fine for 150 miles, he got in the car and it would move a little bit and then stall, it would then start up, I could move a bit and it would stall again. Got him out of the car and it was fine. Pressed the passenger footwell down and it stalled again. Took the ECU cover off and it ran fine, moved all teh cabled around a bit, put it back together and its been fine since.

So if you know how to it may be worth taking off teh ECU cover in the passenger footwell and trying again.

JB

These aren't the best quality and can be a little flaky. I reckon I'll solder mine and heat shrink nice and neat.

I crimpted AND solderd mine with RL suggested connectors for the best of both worlds, soldered for sure and plug/socket just in case :)

Need to check my system over fully as not played with it yet, it seemed to be stalling the engine completly when I adjust it up on the digi adjuster towards the off. Hopefully needs properly calibrating or something otherwise might be faulty unit ?

Shaun.

I crimpted AND solderd mine with RL suggested connectors for the best of both worlds, soldered for sure and plug/socket just in case :)

Need to check my system over fully as not played with it yet, it seemed to be stalling the engine completly when I adjust it up on the digi adjuster towards the off. Hopefully needs properly calibrating or something otherwise might be faulty unit ?

Shaun.

Sounds like you need the dat file sorting out. PM Terminator, he will sort you out.

RLTC INSTALL might be the key here. Theres very limited space around the ECU and it has been seen on a number of cars that things get all squashed up in there and the ECU starts getting bad signals. I had a similar thing when I drove out to pick up my brother once, car was fine for 150 miles, he got in the car and it would move a little bit and then stall, it would then start up, I could move a bit and it would stall again. Got him out of the car and it was fine. Pressed the passenger footwell down and it stalled again. Took the ECU cover off and it ran fine, moved all teh cabled around a bit, put it back together and its been fine since.

So if you know how to it may be worth taking off teh ECU cover in the passenger footwell and trying again.

JB

Did you find that the car wouldn't start too or did it just keep cutting out?

He sprayed someting into the air intake which caused the car to start but it wouldn't stay started.

QUOTE]

I suspect it was a bit of EZI-start,That would indicate to me fueling is down somehow,If you take the cover off under the spare wheel then it should make the noise of the fuel pump more obvious,Should prime itself for a few seconds then stop,Also check the fuel pump relay,There is a remote posibilty that it might of had the voltage by-pass in which case that would be hidden under the trim panel on the left hand side of the boot

Did you find that the car wouldn't start too or did it just keep cutting out?

car would run fine until my brother pushed down in to the footwell then it cut out straight away. But if your ECU cover has squashed the cables then its possible it just wont start.

JB