The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Good site for air/fuel info

Chris Wilson

Guest Martin F

By the way Lumenition are now producing a wideband AFR meter as can be seen on page 173 of the new Demon Tweeks catalogue.

Looks like a reasonable piece of kit, range between 9:1 to 30:1 and costs £1,142.

I can probably get you a Motec for that sort of money, a pal is in Oz right now, in fact as I type he's handing over the dosh for my M800 ECU wityh all the upgrade options, and some trick RX-7 stuff, or he's rolling the biggest spliff seen in Sydney for some time

Motec stuff is really good value in Oz, and the pounds still strong. I can now get stuff at sensible money, reliably shipped from Oz to the UK, they are really into Jap imports and do some really nice, none brand name custom bits, something the Ozzies are SO good at. Just look at some of the fabrication on their serious race saloons for example. They did some centre nut wheel hub nut locks on a Holden another pal brought nto the UK (ex bathurst car) that wers just SO elegant and yet so simple and foolproof. We were still *issing around with R clips and things...

The Motec wide band will interface with some of the better ecus to run closed loop wide band, a nice thing on turbo engines to trim the map.

Anyone really interested in why Motec is the best can download the latest software for the M800 from

http://software.motec.com.au/release/

Look under M800

it will run without an ecu connected, it's damned impressive! Can't wait to play with the new ecu, it looks a lot more capable than the earlier units, and they were pretty cool.