The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Air fuel Ratio

Pig

Guys guys guys, not what i wanted to hear! I have to run the car, just looks like i need to run pretty much off boost! oh well at least i had fun today! Can i please ask honest opinions on the...ODD and i mean ODD blast of medium boosts! How quickly could damage been done! i know i have been very patient. and apart from this weekend i am happy to run with out boost for the next few weeks! Cheers for sharing your knowledge guys!

Jon, what is the point of asking for advice if you are going to ignore it? My advice was and still is that it is stupidity to run that car with a stock ECU and therefore a map set up for a twin turbo configuration after changing to a single turbo set up. Now, that might not be what you want to hear but it is an honest opinion.

There is only one answer to that....thank you.

I take all the advice i have been given and the car will be run, but be run off boost.

Sometimes i feel it needs someone to kick you up the arse before you will listen to what you dont want to hear, so thanks CJ. Harsh but fair!

No more big balls for me for a few weeks!

Cheers everyone :D

Superb mate, and only running 0.8 bar! hope to run at least 1.2 when its mapped! The noise is something else though. A.K.A orgasm in a tunnel ;)

Its SOOOOOOO noisy, but really quiet at 70, and off boost so hope to get good MPG!

I'll tell you what thought mate, It'll move a damned site quicker when it's been leaned out!!

Yeah 10 is rich. It won't be like "foot to the floor - instantaneous BANG, engine is in pieces" kind of situation, but it's not the best.

Leon at JPS set my car up so that it was running mid 9's (AFR's not seconds - I only wish!) at high rpm and I ran it at that for nearlly 2 years until I found out and got in amongst it. It dived from mid 12's (Too lean) in the mid range to mid 9's over the space of about 500 rpm or so. It was like a parachute was opening at the back of my car!

Also running that rich, you may get the occasional mis-fire/stutter.

Basically CJ's right. You want to get it mapped before you hammer it too much.

what do you mean by bore wash??
I don't think anyone has answered this for you yet. Bore wash is when there's too much petrol going into the cylinder so not all of it gets burnt. The unburnt fuel can drain past the piston rings and dilute (and ruin) the engine oil. Obviously having the engine oil mixed with unburnt petrol is a bad thing.

I suppose that high mileage engines with worn rings and bores would suffer oil contamination more easily.