The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Best kit for under £1000

n00b

Thanks for the comments :)

No problems with speed bumps at all (and we have some major ones here in Reading!), but camber changes are a real problem. Pulling out from side streets onto a roads with any 'drop' where the gutter is will cause it to scrape.

However the way Dude installed it there is a 1/2 inch give at the front so it seems to soak up these scrapes without too many problems. Due to the terrible roads round here I catch it at least once a week, but its still holding strong after 1 year. There are some reinforced runners underneath that shield the front lip from damage, I think the strength of it has a lot to do with these.

really sorry to ask questions... is yours a tt?.... if not did the mesh fit ok (not sure about the whole intercooler thing etc)... sorry to be a pain... started to get excited now about buying the kit

ta

n00

really sorry to ask questions... is yours a tt?.... if not did the mesh fit ok (not sure about the whole intercooler thing etc)... sorry to be a pain... started to get excited now about buying the kit

No worries mate, ask away :)

Yes, its a TT. The mesh is just some cheapish aluminium stuff I got from the local motor factors which I cut to size and cable-tied on. I think it was around £20 for a 5ft x 2ft sheet. It seems to be strong enough, the IC has absolutely no damage after 15k miles (Obviously this won't really be as much a concern with an NA, though it might help save the radiator or AC rad from damage)