The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I don't know where you lot find the Money!

whitesupratt

Guest Flat4_ire
It's called a credit card mate. The good thing is - when your dead you can't take debt with you - so you may as well Die in Debt

thats my view aswell. fuckit my motto is "do first think later!" lol

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mmm I must be the worst off here, Im a full time student working 16hrs a weekend, got the car in aug/sept, BPU'd recently, dvd head unit stereo, sub and amp, engine bling from Paul E, and new rims on route....Guts of 3k spent since I bought it, oh aswell as 3k import, 1300 tax, and 1500 insurance all just paid in the last month....I live at home and get 30 a week grant for travel to college.

All prices in euros tho.

Eh and no rich daddy..N

i guess im lucky then, bought the supra when i was 20, didnt really do much to it just paid for all maintance and servicing for last couple years. Got to look after these things!! TBH i was shocked how cheap they are to run and maintain, mind you i have to change my oil / plug etc... a lot less and dont go through tyres as quick i guess :D

22 bought a house, as DAD as garuntor (i know you dont spell it like that :D) lol and i rent it out. If i was too move into could i afford the supe....simple no :( hence i live at home and let the house pay for itself for a while, im 22 and go plenty years left to move out and 'grow up' :)

Your only young once, when you think about life it is kinda backwards; when your old and cant do the stuff you could when you were a kid you have the money to do the stuff!!

I have no other vices apart from my Supe, I dont smoke, dont drink often and have managed to pay off the mortgage on our house. I dont have a high paid job and I spend my money on servicing, tyres and fuel plus a few cosmetic changes. Whether you are NA, TT, Hybrids, Single, Stock, Modified it doesnt really matter as your car will beat most others on the road, whatever type of Supe you drive. I am happy with what I have, at the end of the day it is a supercar. If I can afford to do things to my car I will do it and many people here will do the same. I think its a case of being able to afford to do these things, some people may want to go single and if they can afford it no problem. I have my J Spec NA Auto with Limiter and I am happy with it, I didnt buy the Supe because it was economical or cheap to run I bought it because it was a Supra, that's all.

Guest Flat4_ire
I have no other vices apart from my Supe, I dont smoke, dont drink often and have managed to pay off the mortgage on our house. I dont have a high paid job and I spend my money on servicing, tyres and fuel plus a few cosmetic changes. Whether you are NA, TT, Hybrids, Single, Stock, Modified it doesnt really matter as your car will beat most others on the road, whatever type of Supe you drive. I am happy with what I have, at the end of the day it is a supercar. If I can afford to do things to my car I will do it and many people here will do the same. I think its a case of being able to afford to do these things, some people may want to go single and if they can afford it no problem. I have my J Spec NA Auto with Limiter and I am happy with it, I didnt buy the Supe because it was economical or cheap to run I bought it because it was a Supra, that's all.
dont have a high paid job and uve paid off your mortgage?? u must be 65 yrs old?

I think it's to do with efficiency. Have a read HERE

I'm almost certainly misuderstanding something but that's my lot in life. :rolleyes:

cheers, looked at the thread, what's been said makes sense. I'm sure it does run more efficiently with no / less cats but I think you only see the reward if you drive like a granny. It would only take one blip per journey, to make use of that extra BPU power and you could probably wave good bye to any savings anyway!

Guest Flat4_ire
46 yrs old buddy, made some money by downsizing. Had a big house with big mortgage, made money on the sale and moved to a smaller house with no mortgage.

ahh gotcha! good move ;) im only half your age..wouldnt see a 46yr old here with a supra i tells ya! john deere tractor more like :D

Guest Flat4_ire
ah man, im 23 yeh, and so are you Flat4, that means we have a hell of a few years of debt and spending in front of us before we pop our clogs!

yeah feckit im gonna live it up while i can, before i know it il have a mortgage with a wife and lil damn kids runnin around :(