The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Spare Key Help

Pixelfill

I know that this won't strictly be in the right forum, but bear with me.

I have a 96 RZ-S (Import) Supra, and at the moment I only have one ignition key. I found this out at the weekend, when I couldn't find the key, and tried my 2 spares. both of which only open the boot.

Now I've been to Toyota today to enquire about getting a replacement spare, for when I lose the key (let's face it now it is going to happen). They told me that they can't get hold of one as it's an import. What I really need to know is does the key have any electronic wizardry built in for an immobiliser or can any old key cutter cut me a new one.

The car has a TOAD ai606 fitted so presumably the TOAD immobiliser is disabled by the fob, and any OEM one will be disabled completely.

Otherwise how do I go about getting a replacement key. failing that how much is a full lock set going to cost me?

thanks for the advice guys.

Mods if you think this needs to be moved please do. :D

Mike

yip get one cut, thats what i done today exactly that

as i only had one key and mr t told me £140 for a new set of locks and 2 keys, but my fiancee thought it was a good idea to go to bridlington today and i freezed my ass off whole place closed but i got a key cut for £4.70 and put it in and started up no bother and drove home

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.