The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Need To Become Full Member! Also Reply to "Age" Post + My supra story lol

Guest Multijfj

You must be at a massive loss if your selling that cheap, how come you bought it? surely your Dad would have informed you that it would be a bit pricey to run and I'm more shocked that your parents would let you buy such a powerful car at that age, at 17 is just nuts! I mean you can only have been driving for a few months!!!

Why are we second guessing this guy? :) He's bought the car of his dreams and now figured out that it's a waste of money trying to keep it under the cirumstances he's in. Sounds like he's doing the honest thing to me, hey at least he gave it a go.... can anyone else here honestly say that they wouldn't have had a supra at 17 given the chance?

Ok so the price is way off, but at 17 chances are it's the first car he's sold and we all make mistakes. Providing advice for people is what we're good at, not slagging them off for making the odd newbie mistake :thumbs:

Why are we second guessing this guy? :) He's bought the car of his dreams and now figured out that it's a waste of money trying to keep it under the cirumstances he's in. Sounds like he's doing the honest thing to me, hey at least he gave it a go.... can anyone else here honestly say that they wouldn't have had a supra at 17 given the chance?

Ok so the price is way off, but at 17 chances are it's the first car he's sold and we all make mistakes. Providing advice for people is what we're good at, not slagging them off for making the odd newbie mistake :thumbs:

Sorry but of course anyone would love to have one at 17 but for 2 months why bother? especially when you know how much the insurance will be and the running costs would be too when he could have waited 2 years and bought one then? you've gotta look a the price he probably paid, maybe 8k, insurance for 2 months or so at £560 and at least £800 pounds in fuel which I based on him saying £20 a day and I calculated a 5 day week, so the total with selling the car at 5.5k is a loss of £3860+ in 2 Months!!!!! that's quite a big newbie mistake, sorry for being harsh but it was inevitable.

Multijfj If it were me I would have been looking at a UK car firstly, I'm assuming yours is an auto? which means your clearly open minded to them, maybe you could change to a uk car? and save a huge amount of money on insurance this way or buy something like a 200sx, maybe that would be an ideal car for you?

But still I think people are over looking the fact of a 17 year old with a supra? yes he may be a brilliant driver, who knows but it's a huge risk especially in this weather, I was looking to buy at 19 and I think that would have been a mistake, I too would only just have been able to run it, but I did the math first.

Good luck with the sale, who knows you could have another one fairly soon, theres no rush!:)

Guest Multijfj
surely your Dad would have informed you that it would be a bit pricey to run and I'm more shocked that your parents would let you buy such a powerful car at that age, at 17 is just nuts! I mean you can only have been driving for a few months!!!

I have been driving almost 11 months now, i am 18 on feb teh 4th, and i passed my test 3rd march! I have a fuel card for my dads car transportation company so fuel for me is not that big of an issue, but i actually care about how much fuel im spending, and its just terrible lol i knew it was gona be un-economical but not this bad! My mum + dad also advised on not being a twat with the car, and at first they were 100% against the idea, but they said they can trust me and have faith in me not being an idiot with it! You know having that much power at 17, do u know how hard it is to resist just putting ur boot down and showing off to ur m8s n stuff! Iv jus made an excuse up why i dont boot it all the time, i just said that the supe is a car which u can absolutly fly in, but then it calms down to a little pussy cat and lets u cruise thru town while everyone stares!

Multijfj If it were me I would have been looking at a UK car firstly, I'm assuming yours is an auto? which means your clearly open minded to them, maybe you could change to a uk car? and save a huge amount of money on insurance this way or buy something like a 200sx, maybe that would be an ideal car for you?

But still I think people are over looking the fact of a 17 year old with a supra? yes he may be a brilliant driver

i went for the jap model because it had less power, but then i found out they have the same power anyway so that didnt really work out lol. Yes mine is an auto, i couldnt afford a manual, and i heard auto was better for newbs so i took that option too! I am downgrading in cars to an astra sri turbo hopefully, i did look at celeica gt-4's and scoobys, but then the fuel may still be a problem there too! Astra is documented at about 34 mpg, twice the supra!!

And i wouldnt say im a brilliant driver at all! Im not too bad tho (touch wood) but i have not crashed a car yet (touch wood again)

Thanks man! Its not the first i have sold tho!

I have owned a cuple of cars!, in order:-

pug 206 1.4x 5 door peppermint green. this was sold for obvious reasons lol

saxo vtr mk2 in black, gorgeous car and i really miss that

mg zr 160 - was gorgeous also but this was when i really wanted a supra

sapphire serria j reg 2.0i 125 bhp version lol,went for a sierra coz it was real cheap only 200 quid and gave me sum much needed RWD practice! owned this for about 2 weeks til i found my supe!

then the supra!!

Ps. Thanks to all taking the time to read this, it is an honest sale and after your advise, i think i will put up for sale for around 6.5-7k yes? it does have a few stone chips and stuff tho you know so maybe 6.5!

Wow that's a lot of cars in 11 months!, yeah good on you for being sensible with the car, most wouldn't and it was a good idea to buy a rwd before this to practice in, but still if you like rwd have a look at the 200, really cheap now.