The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lowering springs

GazzaGSi

I bought these about 6 weeks ago but then got a coilover kit so did not get chance to fit them.

I bought them not knowing the brand or by how much they lower the car by. All I can sell them as is on the follwing pics, that is how much they will lower your car. The alloys are 18s.

All springs are in good condition.

Open to offers around £50 - £60 + delivery on top or collection in person.

Pics:

Thanks,

Gaz

probably around £15 something like that. I sent some off my old car and they were £31 something but that was w ith shocks too. However, these are bigger and heavier so maybe more like £20.

For now I will say £20 then if it is anyless I will refund the difference.

Thanks

they look like standard HEATED springs.

I'm afraid I tend to agree I have witnessed this being done at work by some of my so called 'colleagues', not a pretty sight. Especially when the wheel arch liners catch on fire.

I hope this is not the case here though.

:inno: :sos:

I have absolutely no idea what you mean. I bought them in good faith as being lowering springs, which from the pics that I was shown was fine.

What do you mean by heated springs? Surely if they have been heated up to shrink (thats the only logical thing I can think you mean) then would they not fit the car properly, as well as it being dangerous. Im sure who I bought them off wouldn't of sold them if they were.

Time for some more close up pics so we can be certain about this.

Sorry to worry you but from the first pics they looked irregular to me which can happen when the springs are heated up in situ on the car then the weight of the car squashes (lowers) the springs/car.

Believe me I have seen and smelt this being done by some of the monkeys where I work, then the fire extinguishers going off because the intense heat from the gas axe has caused the wheel arch liners to catch fire.

In the pics that you have just posted they seem a lot better.

I am sure someone who is more familiar with the coil shapes of aftermarket lowering springs will be able to confirm.

I hope this turns out OK for you.:)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.