The mkiv Supra Owners Club

PT71GTS turbo

GeordieSteve

Just testing the waters here. I may have to sell my new turbo to give me some funds to pay for my new form of transport :( Looks like my car won't be back up and running for a fair old while. The turbo took me ages to get from the states and is one mean piece of kit. Brand new, never used. Anyone intersted? Cost me about £1200 I believe

You don't know how gutted I am mate. I WILL be running one of these turbos but it's just not my time yet. I need to think what I need more... the Supra on the road in a few month... or transport to get me back and forwards to work. I'm affraid the Supra takes a back seat once again :(

Makes sense to buy the bike and settle for a T61. I already have S-AFCII so will use that. Just need turbo and injectors REALLY

Thats the problem Steve eh? It isnt just buying the kit. It is then doing it properly with all the supporting mods. These can add up to more than the kit.

MUCH more. ECU is the real problem here. I could have rushed it through but I'd rather take my time, do it all right... then move on to the T71DBB after ;)

Very sensible IMHO. I see lots of single projects going on and I dont think people realise the implications.

I am doing the same kind of evalutaion myself right now. On the one hand I want to use the Orange Beast until after the summer and hopefully compete at TOTB on the other hand there are opportunities to make money that the sale of the car could fund.

Very sensible IMHO. I see lots of single projects going on and I dont think people realise the implications.

it costs a hell of a lot if you do it right ,eg. at least 1k for mapping and then the cost of a good standalone,I think a few people who have cut corners might learn the hard way!

Gives me plenty of time to plan what I'm doing. MoTec would have been around 3k fitted (without transporting the car to be set up), transmission upgrades, brakes etc. Not too wise when it's your only form of transport. On the plus side I'm gonna have a bike to play about with while I build the Sup ;)

i dont agree with this at all its about making small step towards what you want to acheive i will be running a gt40 wit 550s not by choice but i will work up to emanage and larger injectors but hey iam pissed

Well seeing as you are pissed we will ignore you :p

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.