The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Uk Turbos 40k miles and manifold

Marty

..just querying something.. they're not actually "better" than the Jap ceramics, are they? Most people think the ceramics are better because there is quite a noticable difference in low-end torque, but that's not quite my point, saying they're better than the standard ceramics sort of implies that they're suitable to be purchased as an upgrade, but I'm sure I heard that they won't fit a Jap spec without other bits being changed. Do you know if that's correct? Or is it just the manifold that has to be changed?

I just used the original ad to relist them,

i guess they are better in the way that they are more reliable at higher boost (1.2-1.4bar) as the steel blades are much more durable. They dont spool up as fast, apparently, but with a de-cat on my uk turbos spool up as soon as i put my foot down so i cant see what the big difference would actually be, probably none, admittidly, with the cats on the uk turbos are slightly laggy so this is why jap spec cars have more low down torque, but i bet if both cars (jap and uk spec) were Rolling roaded with no cats, there would be no difference.

Didnt realise that the Ad still implied that they would fit the jap spec, the origianl ad did, i cut that bit out, im not too sure what would be needed to make them fit a jap spec, the manifold defo wont fit, but maybe the uk spec turbos may fit to a jap spec manifold? surely someone knows?

hi, dont need the turbos mate but could you tell me what boost your uk car acheives without cats did you need restricter ring or did the waste gate cope .what ebc settings,what bhp? and was everthing reliable or has something broke hence the big single?.am decatting next week + tfcd cool plugs , fmic ,already hks catback and inductionkit .am hoping base boost will be about 0.95-1 bar then 1.1 and 1.2 on the ebc for reliability does this shound right? thanks

hi, dont need the turbos mate but could you tell me what boost your uk car acheives without cats did you need restricter ring or did the waste gate cope .what ebc settings,what bhp? and was everthing reliable or has something broke hence the big single?.am decatting next week + tfcd cool plugs , fmic ,already hks catback and inductionkit .am hoping base boost will be about 0.95-1 bar then 1.1 and 1.2 on the ebc for reliability does this shound right? thanks
This is the Parts For Sale section mate. It would be better to start your own thread in the appropriate forum rather than hijacking somebody else's thread.

They dont spool up as fast, apparently, but with a de-cat on my uk turbos spool up as soon as i put my foot down so i cant see what the big difference would actually be, probably none, admittidly, with the cats on the uk turbos are slightly laggy so this is why jap spec cars have more low down torque, but i bet if both cars (jap and uk spec) were Rolling roaded with no cats, there would be no difference.

Mine definately seems to spool pretty quickly too (

UK no cats) and I've never even been in a J-Spec TT but the way people talk it's like they're worlds apart, and I don't mean particularly biased people. I remember Branners asking the question of whether his UK car was faulty or not (after owning a J-Spec), and Chris Wilson is quite open about his dislike for the uk setup. Oh well. if I had the £200 I'd buy 'em off you myself and keep them in waiting for the day mine go!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.