The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Losing the back end!

chilli

ok cheers for the advice, whats a recommended pressure for my tyres?

When I first got it, it was at 30psi all round which felt a bit low/spongy.

Since I've gone to 32 and now 34 at the moment.

sizes are front 235/35/18 and rear 275/35/18 I think, fronts a Bridgestone's and havn't slipped once yet, seem really nice, maybe I need those for the back but suspect they cost a reasonable £

Good to hear RLTC does it's job nicely too, must start a fund for it!

What 'feels' right usually is right. Every car really needs a different pressure depending on so many things ... but try this ... on a day when it is not too cold (about 10 C), measure your tyre pressures ... are they still what you think ? Anyway, put them 4 over what you want ... i.e.36 and 38 and then go for a drive ... then the next day do the same again but this time 4 under ... you will 'feel' straight away which is right and which is wrong.

I bet £50 that more than 50% of the people on this forum havent checked their tyre pressures in the last 3000 miles !

If you feel the tyre when you get home, it will probably be cold, or at best luke warm ... try a different driving style and see if you can get your tyres hotter ... (maybe braking slightly later and harder, and also turning in slightly on corners to force the rear to grip and not just 'follow' the fronts...)

Most tyres on cars like Supras are usually too hard to offer any degree of chemical grip and rely completely on mechanical grip at this time of year.

Cheap tyres will improve your driving skills, or cause you to crash :scare:

I end up checking my tyre pressures whenever i go out as i don't drive it much at the mo..

I've got 285/30's on the back and 265/35's on the front and RLTC.

RLTC is in my mind the best thing i've bought for the car... In the wet its not that nice to drive, but in the snow its a different matter. I found i was getting stuck at the slightest incline and the back goes completly mad (good fun when your expecting it- not so good when your not).

I always find, lowering the boost and keeping the revs below 3/4k is best for wet/snow - even with the RLTC on.

Once you've spun off the road you have a little more respect for it :tomato:

Got an Impreza at the moment and for tyre's I use Toyo Proxies T-1S's or the T-1R's. Quite a soft compound and they stick to road like sh!t to a blanket!

Gonna put them on the Supra when I get one ;)

Just my 2p's worth :D

I do check the tyre pressures regularly, I will experiment to see what works best then. Certainly do notice a harder ride as the PSI goes up, that's for sure!

Anyway, what do people think of Bridgestones, at one time they were the dogs danglies, have they been beaten by better tyre technology now?

The more I hear people rave about RLTC the more I know I need to get it!

Got an Impreza at the moment and for tyre's I use Toyo Proxies T-1S's or the T-1R's. Quite a soft compound and they stick to road like sh!t to a blanket!

Gonna put them on the Supra when I get one ;)

Just my 2p's worth :D

Mate, I've had Dunlops and Goodyear F1s. I now have Toyo proxes T1Rs and found them to be Poo. I can now wheel spin in all the gears! I think It was 'Terminator' who found the same problem too. Cant wait to go back to F1's